Ashcroft transmissions

HoSS

I know this isn't the first time this post has been made, but its worth saying again.

I want to thouroghly thank, and recommend to others, Ashcroft transmissions.

www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk

Both before & during my LT230 rebuild & autobox conversion, they have provided 110% serivice & support.

Putting up with my not inconsiderable number of emails every time!

I have had extra requied parts given, and sent out to me FOC.

Thanks!

Paul

When I bought my box it was a very straightforward transaction and I have no complaints at all. Also, I have since been able to compare my recon box from Ashcrofts with several others that are supposedly reconditioned units (from other sources) and the difference is amazing. I can treat my LT77 like a sports car box. Honest. Shifts can be made as quick as you can possibly do them, both up and down in every single gear. I am really peed off with my newer Disco, also with recon box, as it needs shifting with kid gloves!

Well done Ashcrofts.

When I bought my box it was a very straightforward transaction and I have no complaints at all. Also, I have since been able to compare my recon box from Ashcrofts with several others that are supposedly reconditioned units (from other sources) and the difference is amazing. I can treat my LT77 like a sports car box. Honest. Shifts can be made as quick as you can possibly do them, both up and down in every single gear. I am really peed off with my newer Disco, also with recon box, as it needs shifting with kid gloves!

Well done Ashcrofts.

There goes yer warranty when Dave reads this :hysterical:

Yep, I've bought loads from ashcrofts, recomend them and wish more companies had their ethics

Nige

They get my vote too, I have had shafts, cv's, Auto Gear Box and Parts they fit and rebuild my diffs and will do again in a couple of weeks as having 4.1 CW & P plus pegged.

Also worth a mention is, the fact that when they think a product that they make might have a problem (like the CV's possible wear, mine have done 9500 mls and not had a problem and still look like new) they let you know not sit on their arse waiting to see how many break before doing something about it.

Peter

I agree… Ashcroft’s were very helpful in supplying and arranging fitment of my LT77 gearbox/clutch.

Some may remember the photos of the dead input gear I posted back in November.

Only problem I had was, it was filled with later type synthetic oil and as the weather turned colder it would not select 2nd gear from cold. Ashcroft’s were there to offer advice/help; I changed the oil for Dexron ATF M2C33 and added Ashcroft’s Yellow Lube (which they very kindly sent without charge). The box now selects 2nd from cold :) .

I would not hesitate to purchase other items from them, top company.

Rod

"Only problem I had was, it was filled with later type synthetic oil and as the weather turned colder it would not select 2nd gear from cold. Ashcroft’s were there to offer advice/help; I changed the oil for Dexron ATF M2C33 and added Ashcroft’s Yellow Lube (which they very kindly sent without charge). The box now selects 2nd from cold :) .

I would not hesitate to purchase other items from them, top company."

Rod

I had a similar problem with a box they fitted for me, in that it wouldn't go into second until the box had warmed up a bit.

This was a while ago though, one of the last they offered with a 6 month warranty, but I had a problem convincing them there was a fault with it, which included having a heated discussion about it in their workshop and it wasn't until, at my suggestion, that they kept the vehicle overnight and tried it that they conceided that it was faulty and eventually replaced it. Unfortunatly, whoever fitted it didn't do a very good job, looked as though it was done in a rush. Then shortly after the warranty expired both the main and transfer box started leaking.

From my personal experience, good service??

Jon.