Range Rover classic 2 door with 3.9 discovery engine.

I have just completed the welding on my classic 2 door project and have fitted the body to a 95 discovery v8i auto chassis.

I have saved the wiring harness and Ecu  from the discovery but am having troubles with the wiring.

I have found a video on utube showing which wires I need but the colours don’t match my harness.

I would like to keep it fuel injection and the auto box.

the gearbox appears to have its own loom and the engine loom goes to the ecu.

Can anyone help with this or point me in the right direction.

Much appreciated.

Hi Martin, and welcome to the forum.

I cannot help directly, but a good start would be to obtain the wiring scheme matching the VIN of your base vehicle. Western (ralph) on here is pretty clued up on this kind of thing, as are others. I am sure he will be along shortly.

In the mean time, we want pictures of your project!

Daan

• Like 1

Hi and thanks Daan

I have uploaded some photos of how it has got to at the moment.

its been a lot of work and only having a barn and an old hydraulic lift to work with we have had to come up with some creative methods to lift and refit the body.

it was basically rotten from the ground up to about the first 8”. 

I had some very good advise from easy on when I got started hence all the support boxing holding the shape of the car together.

Be glad of any help when it comes to tying up the wiring.

thanks

251578EB-9F28-4A8A-B2EC-08884B7110D2.jpeg

51CE279E-99B0-4774-98F8-D1A9E6468F3F.jpeg

000CBD8A-D5D6-45AA-B0FA-CB9D60758B65.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi. 

Thanks for all your replies.

the original chassis was so rotted out it was beyond saving.

As far as the injection system that I have all I know is that is from a 1995 discovery 3.9. I bought the car complete as a donor.

the ecu does have some code numbers on it and I will have a look at it at the weekend to try and get more information.

At least with the wiring diagram and can now at least see the ignition switching.

what I’m not sure of is the wiring from the auto gearbox must connect back to the ecu in order to stop the engine starting if it is not in park or neutral, but that part of the loom goes back to another box.

appreciate all your help.

10 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

I was under the impression that flappers only ever got fitted to the 3.5, is that not the case?

That is correct. Some 3.5s were fitted with Hotwire with a different ECU part number. Same type of ECU, but obviously a different fuel map.

• Thanks 1