Have 2 D3's

Have 3 RR Sports TDV8's and two for spares

And have just bought a Mini Cooper S

How much more stupid do you want me to be :rofl:

Well...

IMG_6680.jpg

Edited by Exmoor Beast
  • Haha 1

Simon - i know your CSK and the condition it was in a good few years ago when it was moved from its temporary home with SteveRR.... assuming you have not done anything to it in the intervening period is would say it is crunch time - either spend the time (money) fixing it up, using it and enjoying it.... or sell it on and allow someone else to fix it up, use it and enjoy it. There are far to many RRCs (and other classic cars) slowly rotting away.

That was the stage i got to with my 90 - it had been off the road for about 3 years due to a rotten chassis - prior to that it had done about 5/6k miles in 10 years. I got to the point that i had to either let it go or get it going. Thankfully lockdown came along just at the right time and I had 4 months to work on it and rebuild on galv chassis. Then I went back to work after furlough and not had time to finish it - but it is getting there and will be back on the road in the next few weeks. I have no plans to ever sell it - had I been given a decent offer while it was a crumbling pile of rust I would have seriously thought about it. But now its life has been extended with galv chassis, doors etc  it is now for keeps. Worst case, then a conversion to leccy might be on the cards in a few (lot) of years.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2022 at 8:09 PM, Mean Green said:

Simon - i know your CSK and the condition it was in a good few years ago when it was moved from its temporary home with SteveRR.... assuming you have not done anything to it in the intervening period is would say it is crunch time - either spend the time (money) fixing it up, using it and enjoying it.... or sell it on and allow someone else to fix it up, use it and enjoy it. There are far to many RRCs (and other classic cars) slowly rotting away.

That was the stage i got to with my 90 - it had been off the road for about 3 years due to a rotten chassis - prior to that it had done about 5/6k miles in 10 years. I got to the point that i had to either let it go or get it going. Thankfully lockdown came along just at the right time and I had 4 months to work on it and rebuild on galv chassis. Then I went back to work after furlough and not had time to finish it - but it is getting there and will be back on the road in the next few weeks. I have no plans to ever sell it - had I been given a decent offer while it was a crumbling pile of rust I would have seriously thought about it. But now its life has been extended with galv chassis, doors etc  it is now for keeps. Worst case, then a conversion to leccy might be on the cards in a few (lot) of years.

Greig

It was the one at Steve's and it has been inside and out sine then. It is currently outside and I am trying to get a body shell for it but it is proving to be elusive. I really want a donor car and then I can crack on but it needs to be a LHD. Hve come very close recently, once in Glasgow and once in Greece on Rhodes last year.

20 hours ago, Bigj66 said:

I had the 110, Series 3 88 and a 24v Ford Capri Cosworth that I built from scratch. The Capri and 88 were hardly used and just sat in the garage gathering dust and taking up space.

Out of all of them I preferred the Series 3 so I sold the other 2 and invested the money into it so I can now use it everyday as it’s maker intended.

Cars are meant to be driven not used as expensive ornaments. It’s quite liberating to get rid of those dormant projects and just have one good useable one that you can actually enjoy.

Couldnt agree more ! Only problem is actually doing it, its such a wrench. Also all these projects dilute your time and effort, not to mention finances !