Another IBEX

daveturnbull

'Semi gullwing' doors were a feature of the Mk 1 Ibex. I always thought it was a good idea for an off-roader, shame they dropped it from the later versions. I can imagine lot's of reasons it would be a PITA in everyday life, but with the taper at the bottom of the door, it helps to keep the door clear of terrain. I've had to climb out of the back of 1bex at least once (not easy for a man of my stature!) after getting properly stuck. With sliding windows as well, you probably end up opening the door more often than in a lot of vehicles, to shout to people, pass kit in and out etc.

• Like 2

Not that I can afford it, have space for it or have other projects in line. The wife would kill me and bury the bits in the woods........ So when do we go. :ph34r: :hysterical:

Seriously though it has lots of potential but needs to be stripped and start again. It also looks like it needs IVA.

Mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 1