Lifetime warranty batteries

Gazzar

As I recall, having had a couple years ago, they are lifetime guaranteed again manufacturing defects, but not fair wear and tear.

So if you think you will get a nice new one after six or seven years or more, forget it.

I believe five years is about the best guarantee you will get nowadays, which is just about the expected lifetime.

• Like 1

The whole "Lifetime" anything, lubrication, batteries or what not doesn't matter, always puzzles me because WHEN the thing stops working, well then its lifetime has expired and it kinda fullfills what it says so cheap to promise?... 🤔🙄🤣

/mads

• Like 4

The meaning of Lifetime is so vague - that the warranty is meaningless.

Halfords wriggled out of the lifetime warranty on their Advanced tools claiming it's a like for like replacement.  Since Advanced tools are no longer sold, they wouldn't replace it, even with their current equivalent!

This kind of thing happens so regularly that a Lifetime warranty is worthless!

52 minutes ago, simonr said:

Halfords wriggled out of the lifetime warranty on their Advanced tools claiming it's a like for like replacement.  Since Advanced tools are no longer sold, they wouldn't replace it, even with their current equivalent!

I am surprised by that, they are normally pretty good. I would try another branch!

Leatherman multitools have a 25 year warranty. at 24 years they replaced my old Supertool, with blunt wire cutters and a bit of slack, for a Supertool 300. No argument. Superb service. Unlike Gerber who had to be cajoled and threatened into honouring their 21 year warranty, then replaced the Diesel with a piece of cheap chinesium rubbish.

I've had a Bosch Dealer replace a battery after 7 years, on a 5 year warranty, but that warranty is now 4 years

• Like 1

I've had good experiences with Facom. The few tools we broke were replaced no questions asked, they just gave us a new one from the store. When I asked to service my fast ratchet (the ones with the rotating handle for quick, light work) because it was a bit stiff, the reply was they no longer service the old generation, but I would get a free new one as a replacement.  That was after about 5 years, nothing really wrong with the tool, just a bit stiff, and even bought in a different store (and without an invoice as it was a gift at the time).