Little crawly thing

Well yes, its been a while.. Doesn't mean I've been spending all of my time on the couch though.

Long story short, I moved in together with my girlfriend in a new (to us) house last fall. And there's a decent size shed but leaky roof and no tools (nor a proper place to store them because of said roof).

But anyways I told my GF that unless she wanted to live together with the most grumpy guy, sitting on needles all restless. I had to have some sort of project in the garage.. And thankfully she's completely cool with that :D 

So I had no tools, no money and nothing to build from, perfect start right? :D 

I had some scrap lengths of box section, a box of SKF Johnny Joints and some S1 axles that I couldn't sell..

So this is what I came up with:

IMG_20220109_104444028.thumb.jpg.f9e935dc96f456916fbc7429115479c9.jpg

Now the T-case is actually from what I bought to power the thing:

IMG_20220104_180531064.thumb.jpg.44a61460d0a69b584884367f770d9bdf.jpgIMG_20220106_193316638.thumb.jpg.9f752171971d922329d04297220966e4.jpgIMG_20220106_193441690.thumb.jpg.f269f6bc0d4ca1a2c30c81dc35c8fdf4.jpg

A twin cylinder 600cc MAG  engine on a good old IRUS gearbox, this is good and proper HD stuff from back when quality wasn't a word but a standard.

And the T-case is from the sweeper itself

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Soren Frimodt said:

Around Vejle area, Jelling the former Viking Capital is where I live :) 

I was at the Viking Musuem in Jelling in early August, as well as the village at Vingstead and the Kunstmuseum. Also visited the Ribe Viking Museum and Moesgaard.

My brother and family live in Aabenraa and two of his daughters are at Aarhus. I was wondering where you lived as I was driving about.

14 minutes ago, Nonimouse said:

I was at the Viking Musuem in Jelling in early August, as well as the village at Vingstead and the Kunstmuseum. Also visited the Ribe Viking Museum and Moesgaard.

My brother and family live in Aabenraa and two of his daughters are at Aarhus. I was wondering where you lived as I was driving about.

Haha cool, then you would've been very close indeed 😁

Once again, youve made something really cool, this time out of nothing!

My friend in Australia is planning on having the same conversation with his wife this weekend.  I get the impression it may not go as well as yours though!  Still, he can always live in the workshop if it goes badly 😉

1 hour ago, Stellaghost said:

I'm kind of half way there....

My good lady often says " your garage my house"........lol

Regards Stephen

Funny mine says something similar.

Mind she keeps adding to the whacky projects list at the moment, I'm not complaining to much as two out of three are vehicle related.

Mike

Thank you very much for the kind words guys, they're really not deserved 😊

Haha Yeah well I suppose living in the garage would be a bit more comfy Downunder than up here, at least during winter :D 

I'm very picky when it comes to my partner, rather wait for the right one and I think I found just that, Just like me she was born into Land Rovers so going to club meetings is just as high a priority for her as it is for me so I really can't complain.. Don't get me wrong, she ain't perfect. But by God neither am I :D :D 

• Like 1

Another addition is this brake lever and master. Its going to be operating the rear drums:

16646462024962487890129748709232.thumb.jpg.ebdea2d16bf9837c6c816311a606b888.jpg16646462664548900633548302202254.thumb.jpg.d48deaaf5e09a1f31266718836a8e6b7.jpg

This is like a safety brake and shouldn't really be used. But the thing is that the main brake is a transmission brake and works really well. However I fear that if I break the drivechain or something in the gearbox I would'nt be able to stop the thing. So having one operating directly on the wheels aswell will be a nice safety feature

Edited by Soren Frimodt
  • Like 2