Shed Cladding

16 hours ago, jason110 said:

Nothing is cheap. I built the other half a home office last year. It’s a 3.5 mtr by 4.5 mtr building. Concrete slab with DPM, then c24 4x2 used to frame and for the ceilings. Rubber roof with 100 mm insulation in the roof. 50mm insulation on the floor and 75mm insulation in the walls. Clad with fortex cladding. No change from 10k. No labour. Just dad, brother and I. 

IMG_5531.heic 1.28 MB · 5 downloads

Only iOS users will be able to - heic is an Apple only format.

I have a feeling that’s happened for me when I have copy/pasted an image from Photos. If you drag/drop an image on a Mac or, on an iPhone click ‘add files’ and browse to it, then it brings the correct format.

• Like 1

HEIC is not an Apple-only format, though they are the main users of it. Most devices should be able to open it, however the forum software does not embed it automatically like it does with a JPEG. 

8 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

It is.... But png is not compressed like jpg or webp, which are often 20% of the size of the png. 

Png does support compression but it's lossless and better suited to non photographic images such as graphics and drawings. JPEG was designed for photographic images and it's lossy compression techniques were designed to capitalise on weaknesses in the human eye (basically remove bits of the image that weren't important for us to see the detail).

Similar technique to how MP3s work, basically remove the bits of the audio spectrum that generally don't matter for most humans.

Agreed, like I said, not compressed like jpg, wasn't quite saying it had compression. 

For clarity anyone posting bmp should be :banned:

• Haha 1

It didn’t give me the option at the time. 

thank you Mr. Anderzander. That is swmbo’s home office. 

should also add, that including machinery hire for putting in a black water drains / water / electric 

On 5/4/2024 at 5:13 PM, Anderzander said:

Here it is as a png

image.thumb.png.e40f140d5944572f5b90d3d7288dff24.png

On 5/5/2024 at 6:49 PM, jason110 said:

It didn’t give me the option at the time. 

thank you Mr. Anderzander. That is swmbo’s home office. 

should also add, that including machinery hire for putting in a black water drains / water / electric 

Smart job there Jason :) 

• Thanks 1

Duct hasn't arrived yet, but I've drilled a hole for it through the base. However I may have forgotten to leave a gap in the insulation for an access hatch... 🤔

4132024144047.thumb.jpg.99b6ff954f57c909219fe1c2f9cafbb9.jpg

On the plus side the bees that are nesting in the base were remarkably chilled about me core drilling and digging holes right next to their colony entrances! They did get interested enough yesterday that I decided it would be wise to give them a bit of space, but they haven't been remotely aggressive.