LRO Show 2023 - Belvoir Castle

Maverik

One of the rare occasions I make an effort to visit a show, but I'll be at the LRO show this year, hanging around the Camel Trophy Owners club stand, I'll be in the Blue Disco 1 which will be mostly likely sulking at the back of the stand not to detract from the sandglow ones.

Come say high if you're passing, vice versa, post up if you're going.

Cheers

Mav (Chris)

I would have gone and will be sorry to miss you. Have a great show.

We are going away on Sunday and have grandsons' birthdays to celebrate on Saturday (6 and 2). That will mainly involve a hosepipe and sprinkler I think as the weather is hot. Five boys running around.

• Like 1

I turned up on Sunday with my Grenadier full of stuff for 4x4 Response UK and delivered it to the West Midland 4x4 Response stand. No tarring and feathering - not many comments at all, although the person directing traffic seemed to want to add me to the Defender parking.

There were a lot of galvanised chassis on display from multiple companies. I was also delighted to see that bulkheads now seem to be available, albeit at a price.

8 hours ago, jeremy996 said:

I was also delighted to see that bulkheads now seem to be available

Including 304 Stainless ones - which seems a good idea to me.  They were about the same price as Galvanised and much easier to paint over.

I thought it was a great show.  Way bigger both in terms of trade & visitors than any in the last few years, even before Covid.  The site was pretty good.

If it didn't clash with Goodwood, I think it would have been even bigger.

I bumped into Maverik on Friday - which was nice, but didn't see anyone else from LR4x4 I recognised.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simonr said:

I thought it was a great show.  Way bigger both in terms of trade & visitors than any in the last few years, even before Covid.  The site was pretty good.

Pleased to hear this. Will try and attend next year

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jeremy996 said:

I turned up on Sunday with my Grenadier full of stuff for 4x4 Response UK and delivered it to the West Midland 4x4 Response stand. No tarring and feathering - not many comments at all, although the person directing traffic seemed to want to add me to the Defender parking.

There were a lot of galvanised chassis on display from multiple companies. I was also delighted to see that bulkheads now seem to be available, albeit at a price.

Ahhh I was on the Camel stand next to the main entrance and we watched you come in, nice truck, very smart :) 

1 hour ago, simonr said:

Including 304 Stainless ones - which seems a good idea to me.  They were about the same price as Galvanised and much easier to paint over.

If it didn't clash with Goodwood, I think it would have been even bigger.

I bumped into Maverik on Friday - which was nice, but didn't see anyone else from LR4x4 I recognised.

@simonr thanks for popping over for a chat, next time we plan a little better and bring chairs and beer! :) 

Really enjoyed the show myself too, great site, much nicer than previous in my opinion, I'm sure they'll be some learning points, but it was really well attended and I'd definitely be going back.

Funny as I spent a good bit of time looking at the chassis manufacturers, good to see a bit of competition in this area.

It will be interesting to see how long Live Promotions can keep it alive without the publicity and momentum from the defunct magazine.

I don't like giving the Manners family money and I am not a fan of Live Promotions, so the site conflicts me; I only live 10 miles away and have done so since 1986. It is only the third time I have visited the site.

57 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

Only bad I'd heard was people struggling for signal for card payments

I don't think the local phone masts knew what hit them! During the day it was practically impossible to get a data connection.  There was plenty of signal, just no bandwidth.

I don't know what Live Events could do about that though.

22 minutes ago, simonr said:

I don't think the local phone masts knew what hit them! During the day it was practically impossible to get a data connection.  There was plenty of signal, just no bandwidth.

I don't know what Live Events could do about that though.

Extra mobile towers I'd have thought. Yes its on a much larger scale, but the Great Dorset Steam Fair brings at least one in, possibly more. 

• Like 1