Three weeks with no action...

Was multiple daily updates.

What are you lot all up to (or not)?

My excuse is I had a hip replacement 6 months ago, then overdid things building my new garage...

Doc is not impressed, I need to take it easy or will f**k up my new leg permanently.

Hope you lot are all OK. 🍺

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Clearing out the work space.

Welded the rear of the mini up and put it on a dolly so it can be moved to the back. defender is getting pulled out and going roughly where the mini is now. 

I’ve cut a hi-steer mount for the steering arm but I diddnt think that would be worth much of an update. 

IMG_6685.thumb.jpeg.38864baba36346c5c0c2faeb8032e064.jpeg

• Like 1

Living in the wrong country 4,500 miles from my cars and tools count?   As a result, spending a small fortune on having someone fix one of them up for me.  

I do have a lot of plans for the 109, though, including fitting the 4.1 final drives and ATBs, some minor alterations to the switch gear on the dash, sorting out the lock barrels so they all match, central locking and an alarm, fitting the Garrison Outfitters seals I got from Ian to the sliding side windows, sorting a bloody annoying roof leak through the middle external rib, cleaning and lining the fuel tanks and getting to the bottom of whatever is causing the oil burn on the overrun and idling.  Oh, and up-rating the alternator (maybe the 400a unit I got from Steve, but it might be a teensy bit overkill), moving the batteries, getting the fabric on the front seats re glued to the backing fabric, fitting seat rail lifters and replacing the H3 bulbs in the spot lights and rear work lamp with LEDs…. Maybe I should just concentrate on recommissioning it after 9 years of storage first.  🤔

• Like 2

I did have a long convo with Uncle Nige the other night...

I've a list as long as yer arm of little things to do, as well as a rear hub oil seal, some windscreen wiper investigations 

But with the G wagen falling through and my house sale falling through and I've got most of my tools in storage, so I'm just muddling through. And my back up mechanic has just become a dad, on the 29th of Feb

• Like 1