Lanoguard or Chassis-guard?

steve b

I see Buzzweld are selling a lanolin based spray on/in corrosion fluid. I've used Lanoguard a few times and it goes on/in well and does seem to make a difference and last too.

Chassis-guard is a lot cheaper/litre and claims the same level of protection as Lanoguard (Buzzweld also says it's plant base???)

My question is has anyone used Chassis-guard and is it that good?

Steve

2 hours ago, steve b said:

I see Buzzweld are selling a lanolin based spray on/in corrosion fluid. I've used Lanoguard a few times and it goes on/in well and does seem to make a difference and last too.

Chassis-guard is a lot cheaper/litre and claims the same level of protection as Lanoguard (Buzzweld also says it's plant base???)

My question is has anyone used Chassis-guard and is it that good?

Steve

I have been using Lanoguard on the L322 for 3 years now...time will tell! It does seem to go a long way

lanoguard is heavily advertised and im always a bit apprehensive of something that is so heavily advertised and wonder if its that good. surely if a product is that good, they wouldnt need to advertise so much ?! just me? 

ive got some cans of bilt hamber dynac UC im going to try. see how they fair 

• Like 1

I've been unimpressed by the buzzweld stuff I've used (see posted links - my bullbars started going south very quickly with buzzweld), and I've also heard more than a couple of anecdotes about the guy being a bit of a prick...

This was after 2 years and ~5000 miles and having been very thoroughly prepped & painted:

20230531_171552sm.thumb.jpg.83735324e68c

A few insightful comments from others here about Buzzweld too:

• Like 1

On 9/30/2024 at 7:05 PM, jason110 said:

ive got some cans of bilt hamber dynac UC im going to try. see how they fair 

I had a couple of 5Lt containers of Bolt Hamber stuff left over from various projects and used the Dynax UC and Dynax S50 on the D Max when it was new mid 2021. So far so good. I think I still have some left and will probably use it up on the inner wings and chassis of the '43 Willys.

I was looking at lanoguard or the buzzweld equivalent for under my 80” and on my mower (when I get it).

It’s been used in Australia for many years- some years ago I saw a video by that overland chap (the one with the beard and the old Toyota). He’d been using it for years and showed how well preserved the underside of his car was. 

The only reason I haven’t bought any yet was pondering over this same decision.

I'm going to stay with Lanoguard I think. 

The 109 I treated last week has flashed off and cured to a good coating and the first one (Defender 90) I treated 2 years ago was in a month ago still looks good.

Rocol do an excellent rust prevention treatment but oh my, it's spendy. We used it on press tooling and jigs in mass production at work in another life.

Steve