2007 Land Rover Defender review

"The new 2007 Land Rover Defender goes on sale in the UK on April 16, 2007, featuring comprehensive upgrades to make it better-equipped to meet modern day needs. The iconic Defender, a vehicle whose roots date back to 1948, benefits from a new 2.4-litre common rail diesel engine, six-speed gearbox with wide ratio spread, a fully integrated facia, new seating configuration and high output heating, ventilation and ..."

This is from a new preview on the features, design and pricing on the 2007 Land Rover Defender, with a picture gallery also available.

LR_DEFENDER_MY07_08_4w.jpg

LR_DEFENDER_MY07_20_9w.jpg

LR_DEFENDER_MY07_31_3w.jpg

The whole article is here: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/landrover/lan...er-ar29977.html

Guest diesel_jim
shame its limited to 82mph!

anyone else going to the launch at Eastnor in May?

i'm supposed to be getting an invite from my local dealers.

82mph? cr@p! although i expect there will soon be a box of tricks to un-limit it.

Guest dew110CSW

Personally, they've lost the windscreen vents it's lost a LOT of character, mine are never shut!

No doubt it'll be a fine vehicle, but myself I'm after a late TD5 for tuning purposes ;)

Personally, they've lost the windscreen vents it's lost a LOT of character, mine are never shut!

No doubt it'll be a fine vehicle, but myself I'm after a late TD5 for tuning purposes ;)

The indents are still there for the vents which means that you can use a new bulkhead with an older dash and just cut the holes yourself, but with the new dash there is no space for the vents and associated mechanisms, plus it probably does away with a few leaks too

Personally I cant see the point in tuning a TD5 - you end up with a massively expensive, heavy, unreliable, highly stressed diesel with loads of electrics that does around 18mpg, may aswell have a V8 (urgh I feel dirty for saying it :( ) and save yourself a load of cash for the insurance. Or you could fit a better engine - i.e. something not designed and built by Land Rover

Lewis :)

Just an observation....... when the TD5 came out a common comment was that this was the end of life as we know it, now it seemst the TD5 is the end of life as we know it :ph34r:

Looks good to me, I'd rather have a Transit lump than a TD5

Me too. In fact I would rather have a set of pedals than a Td5, but that's just me :D

Pikey - it cant be there are no sheep on it and the road is clean with no potholes where you lot of knicked the asphalt!!!!

On the other side of TD5s i love mine, had it from new and 83k on the clock now, plus chipped does average of 30mpg (best 36mpg over 916 miles) and reliable as ever

only had

new turbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new fuel pressure regulator

new rear springs

new shocks

Plus needs new windscreen now

LR_DEFENDER_MY07_31_3w.jpg

Can't see the point in having 4 air vents on the dash top, 2 eyeball & 2 fixed rectangular , don't like the eyeball type the look cheap & nasty, I'd fit 2 52mm gauges in them. they are identical to these in the Santane PS10's

post-20-1175026477_thumb.jpg

Edited by western

can't see them selling too many here when Ford have downsized the engine and Toyota have just released a new 70 series with a common rail intercooled 4.5 litre V8 turbo diesel. 151kw (202HP) 430 Nm (320 lb/ft ?) which peaks at 1200RPM and has a dead flat torque curve all the way to 3200RPM.

toyotalandcruiser70seriescab.jpg

toyotalandcruiser70serieswagon.jpg