hydraulic winch info wanted

white90

For the tech archive:

pics

installs

writeups

please can you post the info on here, I can then cut and paste itinto the tech section

TIA Tony

Tony,

u still want stuff for the 8274 section?

no, i haven't made it hydrobollick

:ph34r:

I have a 10500 lb Mile Marker for a rear winch and in the process of modifying a pair of 8274's to hydraulic for front of rangie and bushie.

Maxi Drive PTO pump in rangie.

Parker CP16-100C-23-S pump for bushie. CP designates clutch pump - it is factory fitted with a 12 volt electo-magnetic clutch with 2 A section vee belt pulley. Theoretical displacement is 0.321 litre/rev and max speed is 3300 rpm (about 100 litre/min). Max pressure with that clutch is 3000 psi (207 bar).

Another approach to speeding up Mile Marker winches is to fit a smaller displacement motor and increase the system pressure to achieve the same torque as the larger motor.

Landi41 is quite right. You do need a good long book to read if you, like me, have a Milemarker. I get really bored waiting at the top for the "electric" guys who failed half way up the climb. :rolleyes:

John;

You are so perceptive....Thats exactly what i meant :) :) :)

ya sure !! :)

I just read the Tech section on Hydraulic winches,

S--t boys wait for me :D Nothing left to write, I am totally impressed with both of your very informative write-ups, I will try to add my bit but only so people can look at different setups as their is certainly not much I can add to you two :blink::blink::blink:

Lara.

wos the fan cover, window blind, type thing for?!

sounds like the start of a guess the object competition to me...! So, come on, answers on a postcard, I'll post the solution on Wednesday.

McS

sounds like the start of a guess the object competition to me...! So, come on, answers on a postcard, I'll post the solution on Wednesday.

McS

it was devized during the gulf war as the yanks had a tendency to shot anything that moved, the previous Gulf War 1 had them putting painted black arrows on vehicles or white cloth crosses on the tanks but that made for perfect targets.

For GW2 some cunning chap come up with these devizes which were stuck on the sides of the vehicles, which IIRC when viewed through InfraRed Goggles looked really bright, which during night opps would hopefully stop the tank-buster A10 et cetera busting open British tanks again

it was devized during the gulf war as the yanks had a tendency to shot anything that moved, the previous Gulf War 1 had them putting painted black arrows on vehicles or white cloth crosses on the tanks but that made for perfect targets.

For GW2 some cunning chap come up with these devizes which were stuck on the sides of the vehicles, which IIRC when viewed through InfraRed Goggles looked really bright, which during night opps would hopefully stop the tank-buster A10 et cetera busting open British tanks again

Spotter! :P

exactly right though, worked to good effect too...

McS