hydraulic winch info wanted

white90

I will try and dig out the stuff and photos I did of the original MM install on my old 90 - it's only a std unit but the instructions from Alfred Murray are non-existent so it is probably worth adding

thought you had seen the light when I first saw the post title :)

I tried to word it carefully

to be sure people didn't think I had hit my head. :D

I've found a fiar bit of info already

the more the better

Ive got some details of someones double pump setup, if i can find the writeup and pictures i'l email the author and see if he would mind me posting it for all to see.

I will also try to add something, I am in the process of modifying my MM to run on not only its big PTO pump but have fitted back the auxiliary power steering type engine driven pump to cut in when my wheels stop turning or turn V slow when drive assisting, also fitting similar system to a friends truck in front and rear.

Will try to do this weekend.

Lara.

Tony,

I'll dig up my posts from LRE and repost with the ophotos, this will take a while !

Posts would be

Fitting a Hydraulic winch, pros cons and options.

what to be aware of how it works, and what to consider

Fitting a hybrid H14W Superwinch system to the "Thing" on the front

Converting a MM to PTO drive,

using 2 winches from 1 control box etc

Making a rear MM installation

Converting winches to Air Operated Clutch for freespool.

If your ok and wnany all of these fine, if not save me some time as say which ones you don't wnat !

Nige

TC

Nige

Jez

Julian

all your write up will be excellent please that way it will be a superb article on fitting the hydraulic winches.

ps

Julian I hope you are ok with me using a couple of your pictures already.

You are welcome to use any pictures you wish.

Regards,

Julian.

so you ARE going to get it muddy then Rob? or will it be for decoration like mine?!! :P

P.S. Tonk made me post this!

well, it's going to be a year before I get the chance to fit a winch, so in that time I should be happy enough to start getting it stuck and minimise the damage to my wallet

:)

Nige, nice write up mate, very interesting, Looking at the kits on AMs site, it all looks pretty straight forward, but after seeing your set up there certainly is more to it than meets the eye, especially when you go for a PTO pump.

When you say the ZF pump is still very slow, how slow is that compared to a Husky.