Mud Terrians

MJIbex

Has anyone got any comments from their own experiences with Goodyear Wrangler Mud Terrains vs BFG Mud Terrains with relation to:- on road, off road and wear performance. There going to be on a Disco 1 which spends a lot of time off road but has to do a fair amount of road mileage as well; don't want to be swaping tyres around on a weekly basis so 1 set needs to do well on and off road.

The BFG's which have had previously always used to feather in 1 direction and required moving around to even out the wear; although never been dissapointed with longevity or performance.

I heard good and bad about the goodyear! Any use these?

Cheers

Mark.

I've only used the Goodyear's on my racer, so can't really comment on longevity, but can on their performance.

I've found them excellent both on and off road, they behave like all terrains on the road (quiet and good roadholding), but are much nearer to BFG Muds off road. It is fair to say, though, that they are quite alot less aggressive in standard sizes than BFGs.

If my road experience of the Goodyear ATR on road is anything to go by then they should last incredibly well too.

Hope this is of some help.

Has anyone got any comments from their own experiences with Goodyear Wrangler Mud Terrains vs BFG Mud Terrains with relation to:- on road, off road and wear performance. There going to be on a Disco 1 which spends a lot of time off road but has to do a fair amount of road mileage as well; don't want to be swaping tyres around on a weekly basis so 1 set needs to do well on and off road.

The BFG's which have had previously always used to feather in 1 direction and required moving around to even out the wear; although never been dissapointed with longevity or performance.

I heard good and bad about the goodyear! Any use these?

Cheers

Mark.

On my second set of 255/85/16 BFG Muds and quite frankly for both off-road and on-road use I don't think you can beat them. This second set have been on for 20,000 miles and still another 5,000 left before not enough tread for off-roading.

I had Goodyear MTR's on the Rangie and they were rubbish. More like a slightly agressive AT than a real MT. Perfectly acceptable on road, but if you are spending most of your time off road I would go for the BFG's every time.

An alternative is to look at Greenway Machos. Less than half the price of the BFG's and more aggressive too. Perfectly acceptable on road but do wear quickly and at less than £50 a corner you won't care if you trash one off road either.

as the pimp man says i would equate goodyear MTR to the tracedge, and would go with the full BFG MT. we have them on the G4 disco3 at work and great on road but i would say not quite as good off as the MT from BFG.

Bish has always had some good sucess with Machos as well so they may be worth looking at.

The bigger sizes of MTRs look to be much more open treaded than the 'normal' sizes, but then their tall tyres seem to be silly wide as well so thats not much use.

I think the all round opinion is BFG MT are still top dog for alround use.

Remould MTs are only any use for playday only cars in my opinion, they just wear too quickly on road and before you get any use out of them they are too bald. Theres a local lad here who runs Machos and he is forever getting punctures.

Will :)

Yokohama, Geolandar mud terrains, so far so good. Did 250 miles in red jungle mud last week (argie is the size of India)and they were very good, covered for my lack of driving skills. They are also very good in the big city (BA is about the size of London)

charlie

• 4 years later...

Are you meaning a Wrangler MTR? Because isn't that a Max Traction Radial, rather than a mud terrain? Meaning it's very good on the surfaces its designed for, but on British mud they are often horrendously rubbish.

I'll find out soon enough! lol

Ops info bar says "

Berkshire

"?[/center]

I beg your pardon, it does. I imagined you were referring to post 14 from robbie1717. I assume that the OP has probably worn out his tyres by now, but in case he is still wondering I am sure your reply will be a great help. ;)

Chris

^_^ your right, not much real Mud to speak of, but i am impressed with the wear rate of the MTRs on a Friends 110.

I beg your pardon, it does. I imagined you were referring to post 14 from robbie1717. I assume that the OP has probably worn out his tyres by now, but in case he is still wondering I am sure your reply will be a great help. ;)

Chris