AWDC Challenge Trophy Round 4

najw

Well, what can I say?

In my opinion this was the best event we have ever staged :D:D

Yes it was tough, arduous, technical and bl**dy hard graft, but isn't that what Challenge events should be about!

Well done to the compact and bijou team that put it all in place on Saturday, and well done to all the drivers who kept at it all day.

I know some people will feel disappointed with their punch counts but put in perspective with the whole field, there is no reason to. Just 1800 points seperate the top 20 teams, this was a very, very tight event.

Results are posted for your pleasure...

HERE

Championship tables will be added tomorrow :blink:

Evening I have made it home.

Well what a good event.. I will agree with you Neil on the hardness of the course, but it was very enjoyable. The special stages today were also good & slightly different. Not too much damage, just a leaky gearbox which can be fixed & a slight bend in the bonnet (battle scars).

In regards to SS2 (the collect CD stage) if there are any pictures of a grey SUK (sorry for the swearing :D ) trying to reach the moon :o I think I would be very grateful for a copy.

Once again a good day & hope for many more like this.

Regards,

Taff.

Well done to Rob, always seems to do well at that site.

I was hoping to pop over for a bit of a look today but didn't get round to it. I imagine to site was quite slippy given the recent rain following a dry spell.

Well done to all the competitors, a well set out site this year with as a few of you found a few tricky catch you out punchs. Not too much damage on the trucks that went over thank god and all drivers ok. Just one of them hills :rolleyes: Plenty pictures will be on xtremelandy by tomorrow night. Cheers Neil & Crew.

Thanks to Neil and the team for a very well throught out day's event, hard! yes in the morning in the wood's and hard for the remainder, I'm with you Neil, thats the best event so far! just seen the result's and i'm happy with that. Maybe next time i won't have a little lie down halfway through the day! ;) My god, i was nearly blinded! so many camera's going off........my eye's! :lol: the roll was ok.......... but the passenger seat base hitting me on the head was a surprise!!!!!!! :unsure::lol:

We have a small rest untill round 5................... Cowm next! <_< more rock's! ''Night run'' Neil??????

Yep fantastic event, even if no-one wanted to come and marshal... Plus I have pictures of a certain Mr Lait on his side, something which rarely ever happens... I'll post some up asap.

Isn't it Cowm next Adrian?!? You can go to Walters if you want but I'm not sure if we'll be there...

Championship results now posted.

Plus a Point Hits report which shows how many people collected each point.

All but one were hit by at least one team.

Good on yer Chris and Simon for proving that 21 was do-able.

No.2 remains uncollected for the 4th consecutive event :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That’s got to be the best event yet for me, not my best score but really enjoyed myself :D:D I liked the rocks and the side slopes were fine now the shocks don’t try to push me over ;) . Next event we will be diesel powered and have a proper gearbox :) ,( I’m not an auto <_< fan).

The point hit report would be very interesting if I could see a map of where all the points were :huh:

I spent 20 min changing an albright in the morning and spent 5 min or so helping Alan Kemp move off a rock, allso helped tow kevin P out after his roll otherwise I had a very busy day.

I am a definate convert to auto for use when winching but prefer manual when on the road.

My co driver's only ever experiance of auto was shunting my vehicle around up untill this week end so to come firs in the reverse trial was great.

There was a chap with a tray back 90 who I helped change a half shaft for when I was at kirton in linsey and in the last 10 min of this comp he returned the favour and acted as my ground anchor on a paticularly greasy punch, thanks again as I didnt have much chance on Sunday. :)

every body comented on my front tyres looking flat this week end but I think running them at 6psi worked well for me at this site :rolleyes:

looks like I am going to have to work hard at keeping my standard up for the next 4 events <_<

The point hit report would be very interesting if I could see a map of where all the points were :huh:

I spent 20 min changing an albright in the morning and spent 5 min or so helping Alan Kemp move off a rock, allso helped tow kevin P out after his roll otherwise I had a very busy day.

I am a definate convert to auto for use when winching but prefer manual when on the road.

every body comented on my front tyres looking flat this week end but I think running them at 6psi worked well for me at this site :rolleyes:

looks like I am going to have to work hard at keeping my standard up for the next 4 events <_<

We went to power out our rear winch at the start and found out rear albright had stopped working.................. 20 min lost!

I'll be fitting my new bead locking ring's before the next round................ 6 psi :P

Well done on the win Rob :)

you aint kidding either- - -how many pics...

that took me a while to browse through them all, even with it in thumbnail version.

Pictures are up on my site dudes, if ya on dial up forget it ! theres loads of you lot :blink: enjoy

Congratulations Rob, well done

Sounds like i missed a good event :(

I like this photo

P6170326.jpg

If there was no other rope on and the car is stable at this piont then I'm impressed

Actually I've just noticed the relationship of the car to the trees and spectators - its not quite so much of an angle as I thought

Thanks to Neil and team for a great event. Well pleased with the result and extremely chuffed my truck stayed in one piece and performed well.

I can't remember where punch 21 was any ideas?

It was just below Gwyn's SS on your left as you start heading down the valley. Steep rock staircase up to a LR sized hole :lol: and had to be done in reverse :lol: . Not one of mine I have to confess, the work of Andy & Simon :blink: :blink:

Congratulations Rob, well done

Sounds like i missed a good event :(

I like this photo

P6170326.jpg

If there was no other rope on and the car is stable at this piont then I'm impressed

Actually I've just noticed the relationship of the car to the trees and spectators - its not quite so much of an angle as I thought

lewis, i drove all the way up, but even that had my ar$e tight! but coming down there seamed to be more angle looking from inside, if i'd seen the ground i'd have carried on! but it's better to stay safe and keep in the comp!...................... plus i was just about to have a lie down :o:lol::lol:

I've got to add, that was a very very good day's offroading! :i-m_so_happy:

:hysterical: Mr turner, i just had a look through the picture's and I had to laugh when I looked at a tray back on its side and it was you!!!!!! Brought back memory's of the interclub! :hysterical::hysterical:

Thank's Steve, alway's happy to give people a smile! :lol: ................................. so, when will we be seeing you at another round???????

I've got to say the punch section's were very well set out, they are getting very technicle, you can see by the punch count that they are taking a lot longer to get, which in my mind is the right way forward for the event/series.

It look's like i may have to take a trip down west and enter a jst/csw event soon, more event's - more experiance and you get to try different venues and compete again's different team's.

Steve hope to see you soon. :)