water pump only lasted 9 months???

moose

afternoon all,

The bearing on my 200tdi water pump has just gone and has left my sitting at work waiting to be recovered home.. where my tools are <_<

Now the pumps only been on for 9(ish) months and i cant of done more than 2000 miles...

I cant remember what make this pump was but it looked good.... brass impeller etc..

So any else had problems with water pumps giving a short life span? is there a make thats seems to last longer or shorter?

i guess i could be doing my alternator belt up to much .... :blink:

thanks for any input.

Ho ho, I sympathise with you completely. I have 2 200 tdi Dsico on the go at the mo and BOTH have just blown their water pumps within days of each other. One has a nearly new pump on it of unknown provenance. The other is, as far as I know, original. Where is the best place to get OEM replacements?

I put on a Britpart one and it lasted 5 months. put on a genuine LR one and its been on for a few years now.

Whats the bet it starts to leak next week !!!

wizard

Absolutely Britparts ones are sh--e, mine lasted 3 weeks on the 200tdi, learnt after that now only use origonal parts for many things, bearings, timing belts water pumps etc

Regards

Keith

Some years ago the water pump on my RRC failed, so fitted a replacement.

Which started to leak as soon as the engine warmed up.

Took it back, got another one which did exactly the same!

Took it back got refund got one elsewhere & that was fine.

Possible faulty batch? It does happen.

Got and fitted a 50 quid pump from the local land rover parts place....

It looks a little different to the old one lets hope it last longer :unsure:

thanks for the input........... clad to see it doesn't just happen to me :D

Changed mine (£21,Paddocks) 6 months ago as a precautionary measure whilst changing cam belt etc.... Bloody think exploded last Friday sending the fins into the alu housing and wearing a circular hole,dumping coolant ever where, managed to get home with a 20litres jerry can of water.Luckily I had kept the old one which I put back on-Not happy though as it could have happened in the middle of Spain next week!!!!!

Whilst on the subject any one got a top tip for undoing engine block drain plug on a 300tdi????????

"Whilst on the subject any one got a top tip for undoing engine block drain plug on a 300tdi????????"

You'll never get it off without removing the turbo and downpipe. I have tried a few times and always given up. When I change the coolant I have to leave it in, which isn't the best as I can't drain the engine properly.