how do i find out my paint code?

freeagent

as it says, I've got to buy a touch-up aerosol spray for my '96 disco, the company who will be supplying it need to know the paint code, where do I find it??

is it on the VIN plate?

Open the bonnet and look on the slam panel. All the info is there on my RR. Might be there too on the Disco...?

Should be there as a 3 digit number and the full code is LRC followed by that number. Defenders have a spot for the paint code on the VIN plate but they never bother filling it in...

If you can't find it post a pic and I can probably tell you what colour and what code anyway

Should be there as a 3 digit number and the full code is LRC followed by that number. Defenders have a spot for the paint code on the VIN plate but they never bother filling it in...

If you can't find it post a pic and I can probably tell you what colour and what code anyway

med_gallery_169_181_53024.jpg

There you go, its a 1996 'N' Reg....

Biarritz Blue is coded as both 965 and JRJ.

Either of those codes will be recognised by your supplier.

Early RRC and other LR usually have the vin plate, but the code is not marked on it. Very annoying from my point of view as a professional SMART repairer. But Mazda currently take the prize. They have stopped putting paint codes on at all so whenever I do one of them I have to ring the franchised dealer's parts dept so they can look up the vehicle's build spec on their computer.

• 1 year later...
Post a decent picture up here & the age of vehicle & I may be able to tell you what it is

There is a picture of it here Bogmonster http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=38770 any help would be great ,my local landy man (not a franchise or anything ) was very helpful when i asked him he said its "cowpat green"

it is an L reg 93/94 200 tdi

as it says, I've got to buy a touch-up aerosol spray for my '96 disco, the company who will be supplying it need to know the paint code, where do I find it??

is it on the VIN plate?

Yeah I reckon its Coniston too. There is another Coniston Green COB which is a different code but yours will be the earlier type.

give me your vin I will put it microcat and get you the code

• 4 weeks later...

Rather than start a new topic, can anyone identify the colour of my 90??

It's a 95 300TDi on an M-plate. According to the links given in this thread (and the tech archive, coincidentally :rolleyes: ) there are 4 different reds that cover 1995... I have the VIN if it would make life easier, but strangely, I'm a little unsure about putting it on the open forum... <_<

A pic for reference...

post-683-1242051074_thumb.jpg

Rutland red is a bit darker IIRC.

arrow red is the Defender colour name the others are RR & Discovery colour names

or pop in to your local main dealer with the full VIN & ask them to tell you the original colour.