looking for a VERY good bodyshop

expat69

Hello,

a friend of mine in France is looking for a a VERY good bodyshop for his RRc...

There are a few in France but none have experience with Land Rover vehicles...

He will need someone who knows how to dismantle the panels/trims for a "as new" paint job, able to change panel seals and small bits when required....

any good address ?

preferred in the South East....

thanks

Unfortunately, Graham is no longer involved with Autocraft, although the bodyshop is still there, and they are a good bunch of guys. I believe Graham has moved down to the west country...

Cheers

Mark

There is an excellent Body shop down the road from me , They aint cheep though they painted a friends 90 Cabriolet in a bright yellow , they did a pukku job, stripped every panel off and painted inside and out with about 6 layers of paint , But it cost him nearly 3k .

Any one around the Bristol area may of seen it cruising around Portbury docks , Its sat on 42" Mickey Thompsons ,And a black mohair drop top .

Bit of a hairdressers car I recon . :P

I've just re-read your post and if your truely after a concours paint job, why do you need really good paint job?

I recall a bloke taking a concours prize with the 47-51 register, because he'd gone to the effort if missing the bits the factory did and he'd even gone as far as recreating the amount of factory overspray on the tow bar.

I've just re-read your post and if your truely after a concours paint job, why do you need really good paint job?

I recall a bloke taking a concours prize with the 47-51 register, because he'd gone to the effort if missing the bits the factory did and he'd even gone as far as recreating the amount of factory overspray on the tow bar.

Its now 2007, and by all accounts not much has changed at LR :hysterical:

Nige

What happens in peoples lives that they get so tied up in detail like that?

Its bad enough that somebody knew the details of how badly a car was put together 50 years ago let alone someone else wanting to go to the effort of reproducing it when they had the opportunity and obviously the ability to do it properly this time.

Will :)