T MAX double pump compressor

white90

Just purchased 2 from Foundry 4x4 £80ish each+delivery

I got one from Foundry at Billing.

The compessor seems fine, but the quick release fitting on the hose leaked on mine. So I chopped it off and replaced it with PCL fittings.

They claim to take up to 60amps. Maybe pumping 150psi into a tank, but I've pumped up my tyres to 45psi as a test, and current draw has remained at 30 amps or less. Mine is hardwired into a 30 amp feed with a 30amp blade fuse, and its been fine.

I've also removed the base plate and bolted mine down permanently behind the rear seat, and in front of the Engel - lost space previously.

post-16-1188851489_thumb.jpg

With one of the attatchments on the end - makes a passable blow-gun - which might be useful on the trail

Any idea what the CFM and duty cycle on one of these is? I could have a half-assed air tool setup with one of these and an old truck reservoir, since the aircon slot on my engine is full of a poor attempt at a winch pump instead...

I'd be interested in this info too. Do they run hot / noisy?

Honiton Hobbit purchased one and I saw it run and it wasn't noisey and I don't believe it even got warm. I would have purchased one only I have a Truck air which I hardly use but it works fine for what I need.

Get it bought Tony

I have Dave see above 2 purchased today delivery 48hrs

and yes it was dead quiet in operation on Sat

can' say I even heard it unlike an ARB compressor

Bit late but I'll chip in anyway.

I have had mine since February and used it a lot for a bloody persistant slow/fast puncture (well bad rim seal, damn BFGs), airbeds, dingeys, paddling pools etc.

The compressor itself is great but the clips for attaching it to the battery are cheap carp and both mine have twisted and split, they still work though. I don't think the attachment to the valve is up to much either so I have bought a different trigger type (haven't got round to actually getting the fittings to attach it yet though). The one supplied is a bit iffy and doesn't seal well to the valve so getting the 110s rear tyres to 48psi can take a while if you don't hold the fitting dead straight.

For the money though they are excellent I reckon.

Will :)

theres one of Foundrys finest bolted down and hard wired to the back of petal, its been underwater and attacked by a variety of big things and it still blows 39x18s up at an impressive rate. the switch housing died and the hose end fittings not a lot of cop (both easily sorted) but in terms of pennies per puff IMO its a great bit of kit :)

I could be wrong, it doesn't say anywhere on it but from memory:

150PSI max

110 litre/minute

max runtime 40minutes.

After raising the 110s 255/85x16s from sub 20psi to 28front/48rear its still not hot. The hose fittings get a bit warm mind.

Will :)

I saw that on one of the website but it doesn't say whether that is 110lpm free air delivery or at pressure. The single one quoted something like 72lpm free air delivery and 50lpm into a 30psi tyre so the 110lpm could be less than that in practice :unsure:

By my calculations 110lpm is about 3.88 cfm which is quite respectable for a little 12 volt compressor! I think the "Draper cheapy" mains one I have in my garage is only something like 5.7cfm even though I do wish it was 3x the size most times that I use it <_<

The single one quoted something like 72lpm free air delivery and 50lpm into a 30psi tyre

That's the same specs as my Bushranger Max Air compressor and is more than adequate for tyre inflation. Never had to get even close to the 40min duty cycle even when doing 4 flat-ish 255/85's up to 30psi. When putting say five pounds in all four trailer tyres (like I have to every time :rolleyes: ) it takes longer to get the compressor out and hooked up to the battery than it does to inflate the tyres.

I bought mine in Dubai after using an ARB to bring two of my 7.50's up to 30psi from 10psi in the time that a Bushranger had done 4 33x12.50's from 10 to 30 psi and my other two 7.50's. That is the speed difference from an ARB.

compressors, as a rule, get warm.

Air gets rather hot when you squash it. that's what the fins are for on the cylinders..

You know, I'd have missed that if you hadn't have told me, but I have to disagree with your rule. This T-max thing didn't, in fact it was cold, so cold that I stuck my cider on it, and it chilled it right down to that 'just ice filtered' point that all the adverts keep mentioning. ;)