UK beaches

ibexman

Only beach I know of is Black Rock Sands, near Porthmadog in north wales.

went there to do some kite boarding, but the lack of wind saw us utilising a mates mondeo for motive power. :D was great fun till we got told to stop by the wardens!

hth

Mark

I've driven on Inch beach in Ireland, and then was told 2 days later it was illegal! Then again the Gaurda were on there when we got there and didnt say anything or try and stop us.........

Jon

The first time I ever drove aged 12 was on Inch Beach in a 109 (must be where I got the bug).

John

In White Sands in St David Pembrokeshire, I drove down onto the beach in my 90 had a BBQ with some friends while the sun went down B) and then went back to the campsite, I was told by another a guy with his 4x4 on the beach "just wait until after 5 when the warden goes home and knock yourself out" and he was from the Foresty Commission! :lol:

here's a pic

post-4820-1190802938_thumb.jpg

You can park on the beach at Weston or at Uphill. You cannot drive along the beach, not that I can see why you would want to - the beach is far more fun on foot.

Muppets regularly loose their vehicles to Poseidon by driving on the beaches down this way. It's not as if there are signs warning of the dangers or anything..... :rtfm:

_41557904_brean_car_203.jpg

if you do however go here watch out for the fuzz hiding behind trees on the road out of town up to black rock sands, as they did me fo 35 there last month and the reason that "some man dressed in dark clothing :ph34r: jumped out on me with a gun so i was trying to get away" did not go down very well with the camoflaged officer either :o

:D Ultimate beach drive has got to be across Morecambe bay must be legal as it's a Byway, but b***y dangerous without the "Guide"

You used to be able to go on the beach at Filey but think that's stopped now except for sand races.

Also many many years ago you used to be able to get on the beach at Brancaster in Norfolk, the Parish Council even put some sand tracks down to get ordinary cars on, but that all stopped as too many tried to drive where we went with old Series Ones beyond the warning flags ! Used to be able to make plent of dosh for ice creams when the tide turned, it comes in pretty quickly and the price of a pull went up the nearer it got !! :rolleyes::rolleyes: Oh mad days of youth !!

Why would you want to? All that salt water is just going to eat your truck!

No more than when they put salt on the roads. Also to do with how you clean the truck afterwards

Done loads and loads of beach driving since i got to aus and the cars have not been affected by it