Forum Meet in East Anglia

SteveG

A number of people have had to withdraw for reasons and it seems like we picked a weekend at a busy time of the year.

I just want to have a roll call of who's coming and also views on whether we should move to a date later in the year?

What's your opinions??

Steve

OK we will still go ahead with Bures on Sunday 9th April.

Chris Watts and I will be setting out 40 punches throughout the Bures site. The punches will be set out for various levels and experienced and non-experienced will be catered for. There will be plenty of people on hand to give advice/help out for anyone new to winch challenges.

Due to insurance the Winch Challenge will be non-competitive, but we will have punch cards and we will be counting up scores at the end of the day, so people will know how they have done.

Single vehicle or teams of two can enter. There will be no restriction on no. of winches, lockers etc.

People not taking part will be able to enjoy the rest of the site, just need to be mindful of those taking part.

Cost will be 20 pounds for the day. Event will start at 10am, finish at 4pm and those taking part in Winch Challenge will need to be there for 9.30am for briefing and to have punch cards attached.

Those confirmed..

Winch Challenge

Jon W and Darth Dicky (1 Vehicle)

Mark and Orange

BishBosh

RogueVogue

Paul Wightman

Simonr

Will Warne & Si White

Petergg x 4/5 names TBC

Still haven't heard from Exmoor Beast, Trodenmasses, Turbocharger, V8bertha, Jen, and Top90 who said they were coming on original post. Feel free to post here

If anyone else would like to attend please post here and send PM or e-mail with you name, reg no. e-mail and mobile.

Bures is a Bures is a 50 acre gravel pit, it has something for all levels, mud, water, hills and holes. It's approx 8 Miles north of Colchester off the B1508. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=...029456,0.093899

Grid Ref:TL89504 BNG33576

As for Green laning on saturday. I'm still happy to provide a road book for a days laning. Let me know if you want this.

For camping you can at my place. PM me for directions etc.

Cheers

Steve

Hope it all goes well Steve

Val and I left home at 0300 sat and got home at 0100 Sunday morning

the culmination of this time out was 7lb 8oz baby boy Max born 2120 on Sat eve.

another grandchild :) that is 5 now...

Congrats Tony and Val, sleep well today.

Peter

Hope it all goes well Steve

Val and I left home at 0300 sat and got home at 0100 Sunday morning

the culmination of this time out was 7lb 8oz baby boy Max born 2120 on Sat eve.

another grandchild :) that is 5 now...

Hi Tony and Val congrats on new grandchild Max :):)

You did the right thing in choosing to stay. Glad everything went well.

ctw I just posted some results in the Int'l forum..

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=4873

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
OK we will still go ahead with Bures on Sunday 9th April.

Still haven't heard from Exmoor Beast, Trodenmasses, Turbocharger, V8bertha, Jen, and Top90 who said they were coming on original post. Feel free to post here

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve.

Hope you all had a great day.

I sent a PM late Feb/early March to say I was away on Hols so could not make it. It was replied to.

Typical though, event 30 miles from me and I am 1,000 miles away. :rolleyes:

Richard