Fantasy Winch time!

Paul McCleary

simple any which that allows drive assist and under load can be matched the the wheel speed

In my usage the one I have now is just fine as it turns at the speed of 1st Low with under drive engaged

and this moves the vehicle better than any amount of revving and spinning the wheels ever does.

If I were in need of something to winch all day then the MM Type R seems to be the way to go

Andy I've seen a few of these at the Lifeboat stations where the RIB/Boat needs to be deployed without a slip way

Sidmouth has one very similar

Sidmouth's is a SAME tractor, beautifully prepped by a local agricultural dealer. Sidmouth lifeboat is not RNLI; it is paid for by the town council because they feel that there is a need that the RNLI will not fill due to budgetry cuts back a while. Thier RIB is way specced up on RNLI stuff as are there two close shore jobbies. The SAME can wade to a foot over cab depth with no ill effects!

What the hell is that - used for launching lifeboats by the look of it.

It looks semi-submersible to me - any more info ?

Andy

Semi-submersible?!

The cabin is pressure tested and certified, can't remember what to, but enough for serious abuse. you can just make out the snorkel rising from the back left hand corner, up behind the cab. these tanks are built for service in some pretty rough conditions, greasing points throughtout, lock-down hatches everywhere.

Semi-submersible?!

The cabin is pressure tested and certified, can't remember what to, but enough for serious abuse. you can just make out the snorkel rising from the back left hand corner, up behind the cab. these tanks are built for service in some pretty rough conditions, greasing points throughtout, lock-down hatches everywhere.

I love it :) I feel a trip to Sidmouth sometime to check it out.