Its been sort of poked at...but nobody has yet asked so...

I used to have four cats...

Long haired Cat

Short Haired Cat

Big Kitten

Black&White Kitten

Never said there was 'owt wrong with it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nice to hear about your Miss Whippit though :P

Now't wrong with that.......... miss's had a whippit called.............yep! whippet :rolleyes:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the AWDC is a club not a business :rolleyes:

I have no problem with AWDC taking any surplus but I thought (genuinely) that entry fees were to cover land rental, insurance etc. Scorpion, as sponsors should quite rightly benefit from increased awareness of their brand but surely they do not "make money" out of our entry fees do they?

I have no problem with AWDC taking any surplus but I thought (genuinely) that entry fees were to cover land rental, insurance etc. Scorpion, as sponsors should quite rightly benefit from increased awareness of their brand but surely they do not "make money" out of our entry fees do they?

Nicely raised point Alan !

Ye of corse there's loads of money to be made out of laying on Competitions :rolleyes: Ye Right ! I dont think Colin has ever lined his pockets from the supossedly surplus money left over. Land, insurance and all the other bits and bobs cost big money. Ok yes it's good P R for any sponser, but you need to put a lot in to get anything out of it.

I think your whistling in the wind here on this forum re SR and your mistaken that most here give a T*ss about Colon and if he made a profit / loss.

Those who entered the SR Series in 2007 and prior did so mainly becuase of Neil and the the efforts and repuation of the AWDC, and probably entered in spite of - and not because of SR, Now the Howling Wolfe series is up and running the interest (see thread) somewhat makes the SR Euro 2008 thread look as it is - a 'Nobby No Mates' production.

Good PR for SR :lol: yeah....please stop......... my sides are hurting

"Forgotten but not Gone "

:angry:

Alan

I can categorically assure you that your entry fees were paid wholly to the AWDC and any surplus after procurement of land, insurance, toilets etc goes straight into the club's 'pot'.

No-one, not even me, makes money from organising AWDC events.

The club's accounts were published in full in the latest magazine and you can see the state of the club's finances there.

Scorpion Racing have been extremely generous in covering additional costs incurred as well as providing all of the product prizes, barbeques, drivers goody bags etc.

Next year the contributions made by the 8 new sponsors will again cover additional costs whilst we will hopefully be providing them with reciprocal brand exposure and PR.

Alan

I can categorically assure you that your entry fees were paid wholly to the AWDC and any surplus after procurement of land, insurance, toilets etc goes straight into the club's 'pot'.

No-one, not even me, makes money from organising AWDC events.

The club's accounts were published in full in the latest magazine and you can see the state of the club's finances there.

Scorpion Racing have been extremely generous in covering additional costs incurred as well as providing all of the product prizes, barbeques, drivers goody bags etc.

Next year the contributions made by the 8 new sponsors will again cover additional costs whilst we will hopefully be providing them with reciprocal brand exposure and PR.

My point was that I would be shocked if anyone could make money out of running an event, I have run events, noithing to do with our sport but I know it is not really possible to make money from this sort of event. I was just suprised at this

I'd just be lining Colon's pockets and I'm not sure I could take that.

I know people on here dont have any time for SR but they did a great job of raising the profile of our game on top of what AWDC do and I think they deserve a little credit for that.

Scrambles for crash helmet and hides under the stairs

Jeebus, step away from the pram :rolleyes:

Whether they make money or not I'd rather not "support" in whatever form that may take, events run primarily by SR as I find their business ethics... well, I have yet to find any ethics to their business <_<

However I am happy to support Neil & the AWDC, and anyone else who isn't a twunt who is working to raise the profile of off-roading and the challenge format.

I don't disagree Alan and that is why I am keen to keep reinforcing our thanks to Colin and Scorpion Racing for the contribution they have made over the past three years, it would be improper not to do so as it has significantly raised our profile as well as theirs.

However the time is now right for us to move on and concentrate on what we do best, which is organising events. I for one am not going to start selling suspension kits and winch rope to supplement our core business.

I know people on here dont have any time for SR but they did a great job of raising the profile of our game on top of what AWDC do and I think they deserve a little credit for that.

Those who entered the SR Series in 2007 and prior did so mainly becuase of Neil and the the efforts and repuation of the AWDC, and probably entered in spite of - and not because of SR,

Nice vague generalisation, I cant imagine thats true of all of the entrants

Lewis you are probabley right there, I followed as a spectator and Scorpion helper near on every round of the AWDC over the past 3 years and i could honestly say that 99% of all the entrants enjoyed the events and i never saw once any entrants having a major problem with the Scorpion side of things. The thing is there is a very small minority on this forum that have a problem with the scorpion bussiness ethics, but they have to bring that into the other side of things like the events that Scorpion have sponserd. For any one person or bussiness to sponser any event these days in my eyes is a great gesture and should be commended for there efferts and funds put towards keeping the sport alive. Neil has quoted Thanks to colin and scorpion for all there efforts and this is noted by all. Basicly keep the sport alive with lots of events for all the class's. The AWDC events are tough challenges and not for everybodys likeing. There are people like myself, Lee Marchant, Adrian Turner amougst others that are working with no mallice with Scorpion to keep events like the Novice and Clubman alive, this is to help forward the less experianced competitor to finaly end up in the kind of AWDC event series. If there wasn't people like us the sport would be the same old same old. I would hope that the people on all the forums out there to do with our sport do not read into other peoples comments to deep (Remember there is always two sides to a story).

I will still go along to the AWDC events and support neil and his crew because this is my sport too, Hats off to all of them. And getting to the point of the Scorpion events for 2008 ! Yes the euro is set and will be a great challenge even though AWDC arn't laying the corse out. (Hybrid_From_Hell i'll pay your entry fee if you have the truck and experiance to enter) ;) The Trophy challenge will carry on in good spirit and i hope that the entrants will enjoy this new challenge as much as when AWDC was involved. And the tail end challenge again for the lesser experianced teams will have as much fun as they did this year with no major proplems for our first Scorpion / xtremelandy event.

Forget the bussiness ethics when it comes to events ! If you dont want to buy off Scorpion then dont but lets not bring this into the Competition side of things.

I await Nige's Reply with bated breath ! <_<

Thanks Nick, Nice gesture - but no thanks,

I won't buy from SR and wouldn't enter any event with them involved, I'll enter the Howling Wolfe (forms done for pre entry) which with Neil and his team I am sure will be absolutely top notch and I think will be a great and for 2008

Nige

I agree that it will be an absolutely top notch round of events. Can't knock Niel & his crew for what they bring to the sport. But please dont knock my events untill you have cause too though Nige. To all reading this thread can i just say I love our sport with a passion and to all that know me due to a no fault of mine accident that happened last year i'm unable to compete fully now, so i thought i'd put to good use my passion, experiance and conections into something hopefully good for many people. Our first Novice / Clubman event went down very well and for anybody starting out on the ladder to start entering events like the Howling Wolf and Challenger and so on events, we would endeavor to help anyone who would like to start. We all started somewhere and not everyone is in an off road click. Also any help to assist myself, Lee and Adrian in the future would be greatly appreciated. Like i said before we all start somewhere and lets keep our sport alive. ;)

Nige i would like to invite you to my fun light hearted forum at xtremelandy. Your more than welcome as everyone else is.

Hi Nick,

I wish you genuinely all the very best of luck in organizing and running the events - and I do mean that - many people have absolutely no idea the amount of work time and dedication those who do this have to spend to get an event where everything seems to go smoothly - most just think 2it sort of happens" - I can assure them from perosnal experience of doing the last 4 Mike Wolfe Challenges nothing is further from the truth.

I also know this is not something anyone (unless they are mad) can do on their own - you need support and lots of it, and then you all stand a chance :lol:. Sorry to hear you have had an accident and are now having to organize rather then compete, but it is still huge fun but from a duifferent angle, I am also reversing you and going back into cometeting more than organizing which has sort of precluded me !. I agree that everyone has to start somewhere, and the more choice the better for all and our sport, and I as I said before wish you well in you new venture, but I guess your "Assocaition" is the issue for me, and possibly others who knows.

I cannot abide SR or Colin, if you can get on with him fine, but I'll never enter or probably help in any event he is linked with. At one event I recall with the AWDC feeling was equally so bad that anti SR Stickers were on many 4x4s and the scrutineers had a battle getting them removed, I belive it came to a "Remove or don't enter" before sorted. This was a shame as I am sure Neil found this difficult as piggy in the middle, and it was at the end of the day a AWDC event sponsored by SR.

With my organizing of events now reduced, and no longer having a newsletter to knock out I was delighted to see the AWDC Howling W series, and thems the ones for me, not all, time and £s won't allow, but some, and others that may appear up, but a SR ?....nope never happen, but that doesn't mean I can't genuinely wish you luck and hope it shoves a huge smile on your face doing them and helping the sport

Nige

Nice vague generalisation, I cant imagine thats true of all of the entrants

Sweeping generalisations are never correct ;)

I think this thread has wandered off and got lost - we're not going to find out any juicy gossip (if any exists) about why SR and the AWDC have gone solo so to speak.

As for entering SR supported events, everyone seems to to be in agreement - those who don't like SR won't enter their events, sorted.

I agree that it will be an absolutely top notch round of events. Can't knock Niel & his crew for what they bring to the sport. But please dont knock my events untill you have cause too though Nige. To all reading this thread can i just say I love our sport with a passion and to all that know me due to a no fault of mine accident that happened last year i'm unable to compete fully now, so i thought i'd put to good use my passion, experiance and conections into something hopefully good for many people. Our first Novice / Clubman event went down very well and for anybody starting out on the ladder to start entering events like the Howling Wolf and Challenger and so on events, we would endeavor to help anyone who would like to start. We all started somewhere and not everyone is in an off road click. Also any help to assist myself, Lee and Adrian in the future would be greatly appreciated. Like i said before we all start somewhere and lets keep our sport alive. ;)

Nige i would like to invite you to my fun light hearted forum at xtremelandy. Your more than welcome as everyone else is.

Well let make one thing clear :angry: next time you put my name on/against anything, FFS, would you at least have the decency to ask/talk to me first :angry: as i've not agreed to help out on any scorpion/other event's next year, mainly as nobody has asked me yet. Not a very good start is it!!!