Its been sort of poked at...but nobody has yet asked so...

The 'Howling Wolf' Series is the 2008 AWDC Challenge events (Nice too)

2007 was SR and AWDC Series

Have SR now decided to copy (as with everything else) and run their own Series in 2008 - without the input from Neil and others in the AWDC ?

ie

"The 2 parties will now no longer be asisting each other... having both gained through their association" blah blah " seperate directions" blah de blah sort of announcment :lol: ?

Just like to know - as maybe would a few others :)

Nige

The 'Howling Wolf' Series is the 2008 AWDC Challenge events (Nice too)

2007 was SR and AWDC Series

Have SR now decided to copy (as with everything else) and run their own series in 2008 - without the input from Neil and others in the AWDC ?

ie "The 2 parties will now no longer be asisting each other... having both gained through their association" blah blah " seperate directions" blah de blah sort of announcment :lol: ?

Just like to know - as maybe would a few others :)

nige

Just to clarify, the AWDC organised the AWDC Scorpion Racing Challenge Trophy from 2005-2007, AWDC events sponsored by Scorpion Racing.

The ONLY 'public' statement on this subject will appear in the Chairman's Notes of the next All Wheel Driver as follows:

'On that note, I must thank Scorpion Racing for their commitment as the Challenge series sponsor over the last three years, as we’ve seen the Championship develop to become the premier Challenge series in the country. However, we have decided not to renew the sponsorship arrangement for 2008, as with an ever evolving scene, we are no longer promoting the type of event that is most appropriate to their market, and as always with the AWDC, the club, members and pushing forward of technical boundaries is key. Thank you Colin, for all your support.'

Surprised it's taken this long for anyone to ask :rolleyes:

I second that - I enjoyed marshaling at Slindon, the spectating was good too and I'm hoping to have a crack at one event next year just for the giggle. Power to the Neil & the AWDC for making the formula work - let's see more people going along to support it.

try a search on here

I may make it a tech archive article to save people searching :)

type scrapiron into the search box and have a look.

they are a shoddy reseller of copied parts of decent suppliers

AKA:

Equipe

Staun

X-eng

all who they have copied products then go onto sell cheaply made copies

because the wolf military land rover is 'well hardcore', lone wolf trans-global was a bit more 'well hardcore' and by putting howling on the front you make the event series even more 'well hardcore'?

i dont even know why things go through my head sometimes :huh:

try a search on here

I may make it a tech archive article to save people searching :)

type scrapiron into the search box and have a look.

they are a shoddy reseller of copied parts of decent suppliers

AKA:

Equipe

Staun

X-eng

all who they have copied products then go onto sell cheaply made copies

Thanks

IMHO "AWDC Challenge Series" would have been a much better title.

The howling wolf title sounds wrong, and doesn't give any clues as to the nature of the events,

But, i'm sure it'll appeal to the target audience of the uk mags in the same way that the "extreme team" currently do though.

On a different note it'll be interesting to see what quality events colin and the team can pull off next year :lol: