Anorak required

BogMonster

Out at the missus' new house, which used to be a farm, there have been a few random bits of metal sticking out of the ground which I decided to investigate over Christmas, one of them looked like the edge of a brake drum or something. So, out with the winch, bit of a scratch around, heeeeavvvve and :o

post-33-1199376527_thumb.jpg

Erm :huh:

plenty more where that came from :huh:

post-33-1199376550_thumb.jpg

At this point we filled the hole back in and took a trailerload of scrap to the tip as it looked like being a bigger job than I wanted to tackle at that moment!

Any thoughts as to what it is off?? God knows how much is buried there : :huh:

Guest diesel_jim

No drive hub to count the number of wheel studs, but i'd say S3 109" rear or 101" rear axle.

you'd have to speak to a professional anorak (not an amature like me) to know the axle widths of a 101"

No drive hub to count the number of wheel studs, but i'd say S3 109" rear or 101" rear axle.

you'd have to speak to a professional anorak (not an amature like me) to know the axle widths of a 101"

It's cold here so I be blowed if I'm going out to measure my axle! :P

But thinking laterally it looks like short leaf from the spring on the grass ... so must be 109 as 101 doesn't have a short leaf.

AndyG

Its not a landy salisbury, look at the bottom brake shoe mounting point, it is two pivots, this looks rather like the brake shoe mounting on the Timken axles on my GMC 6 x 6, i think the brakes on that are Bendix, so its most likely a Dana 60 if it is basically landy size. Yankee origin will not have a flat flange for the propshaft but a half yolk/u bolt fixing

Its not a landy salisbury, look at the bottom brake shoe mounting point, it is two pivots, this looks rather like the brake shoe mounting on the Timken axles on my GMC 6 x 6, i think the brakes on that are Bendix, so its most likely a Dana 60 if it is basically landy size. Yankee origin will not have a flat flange for the propshaft but a half yolk/u bolt fixing

Phil,

No offence, but that is THE most anorak reply yet! :D

Top marks!

Cheers

G :)

It's easy, early ground anchor :ph34r:

It did take a good pull to shift it, but I think waiting for it to grow in at each location would be a bit time consuming :lol:

Also having picked it up and put it in the trailer by myself I think it is a bit heavy to cart around all the time :)