Arrrggghh Somebody help me choose a paint colour!!

mike4444244

Thanks for all the replies chaps, This will be my first attempt at spraying with a compressor so I think metallic is beyond me, I do like the look of the bright colours orange etc but whilst these colours may make it comercially less desirable, they do draw attention to the car, round where I live a bright colour would probably be a magnet to all the local pond life kids to come and vandalise it :angry:

looks like the choice is down to white, whether thats arctic white, mint white, white white, snowdrop white, cliffs of dover white, blizzard white or mighty white or oslo blue or something bright (thought maybe JCB yellow.... then it could get nicked AND used to pull out an ATM :lol: )

Mike

How about nas Alpine White. Understated, you won't disturb the neighbours, Bruce the Paint is mixing me a pot or 2 for some wing and door spraying, could mix some more for your truck? My nas white is a creamy coloured white so blends in nicely and non-metallic. Bit like when you put magnolia on your walls at home and everyone says nice <yawn>. :P

I too have been thinking of a suitable colour to paint Wallace. He is Alpine White ht, a I do like the original 'commercial' look, but whereever I drive all the Chavs give my a double look. Take a look at www.BigSky Adventures. I really like their freinds 110, basically they've taken off the ht painted that white, but painted the rest green, including all the doors, along with white stripes, still looks like a landrover but different. look at some of theitr videos. Or light blue as in IHANA.com. this was army green but repainted in some far flung country. this truck has bags of character.

Heres mine...just to throw a spanner in the works. I did it this summer. If you like I can email you the colour details. Its not a metallic colour for the simple reason i didnt have the time to properly prep it!

H

post-3778-1200682003_thumb.jpg

aren't you missing the obvious here Mike? Roller it in magnolia, and if you have enough left over you could redo the living room as well :D

Don't see whats wrong with Cat's suggestion, no right minded person would steal or drive a pink car.

Ok thanks for all the suggestions, Its going blue, with the roof white, dont know what blue it is, its the colour of my replacement seatbox I put in it, the paint place will mix it to match an offcut i have, will post up pics when i've cocked it up i mean painted it :)

MMM BLUE

good choice :D