Si's great service

NegevLandRover

All been said before but I was still very impressed by the service from Si from whom I purchased an X-eng disc handbrake last week. Very helpfull he was and very efficient too.

Same I can't say the same for the DHL sevice which was absolutely rubbish (this too was expected). Si dispatched within 24 hours and the parts arrived in this country within a day and then it took the useless sods 4 days to claer the parcel and another three to deliver it. The last straw was when they sent the thing north instead of South and then proceeded to tell me that it would take a day to get it back to the logistics center a day to move it through the center and another day to deliver it - at that point I must have managed to make my displeasure clear enough to make them put the thing on a taxi and send it straight to a m8 from whom I collected the following morning. Just to put it in perspective the delivery cost just under 90 pounds and for that kind of money you should get better service ?!!!!

Anyway got the thing fitted and am very happy indeed. The only glitch was that my re-inforced propshaft end was a little to big for the brake so had to re-fit the old one untill I have the time to get the propshaft turned and trimmed.

Thanks Si for the help.

Adam

I had great service from Si recently - I ordered an X-Charge one evening and it arrived less than 36 hours later. Splendid.....
Me TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My mates sheep had a good service from Si as well but complained it didnt last long though :lol:

have to add my name to this list! Si spent ages on the phone with me before Christmas re an egt gauge and it arrived the next morning! He then spent more time on the phone talking through it and even opening the bonnet on his landy to compare!

when i did my work experience at the uncles electronic's warehouse i was on deliverys, signing stuff in and out...

when the DHL lorry arrived, my boss told me to ask him if i could have something...

so when he got there i asked if i could have something and he russeled around in the back of his lorry and brought me a box and i said thankyou..

i opened it and it was full of DVD's...

so.. and i know all the other people who worked there asked him for things and he just gave them random parcels all the time.

my boss also told me to never send anything via DHL, because they get broken or stolen.

My Scaffolding contracts manager was telling me that in the last 10months five of which it has been in the dealers...

I always though the Toyota Avensis were a good car....any how, the cruisers are a very well established I've had loads of guy's that worked for me that have them and don't have a bad word to say apart from the RR type economy even from the diesels..

Pikes love them......I don't know if that's a good thing or not..

I know the Toyota Surf is very popular with campers and its a much cheaper option

Sad thing is Both my Parcelfarce and DHelL regular delivery guys are spot on even gave their mobile numbers so if I had a collection and was not in I could meet them on their round in the town but its obviously not like that everywhere :huh:

Well I've never had anything delivered by X-Eng :rtfm: - I've always had to meet Si at dodgy places, such as the Sortout, Wales meet, Tonys birthday bash etc. If it wasn't for the fact that I was going to these places anyway - it would have been VERY inconvenient :angry:

Anyway, apart from that I use Interlink, who I have no complaints about at all - apart from the p-taking staff in the office!

Royal snail have at present 6 x reinforced clutch forks, and a lot of forum stickers stashed away somewhere, so if any of you members can find them - they are yours - FOC.

Me too!

Si

Spammer! :P

Les :)

They are not known in the Airfreight world as Drop it, Hide it and Lose it for nothing.

Pete.

in fact WE ( yes - i work for DHL - but not for DHL Express who are the transport division) are not known at all as that in the industry - but thanks for the creativity.

TNT are known as trash 'n trample, ParcelForce as Parcelfarce, Interlonk ans Interstink, Citylink as 5hittylink and UPS as Utter pile of 5hit though.... :P

I would say that DHL Express are as if not more reliable than the other big carriers - especially when you think of the size of company, there are bound to be more anecdotal negatives - this is an $80bn company after all....

in fact WE ( yes - i work for DHL - but not for DHL Express who are the transport division) are not known at all as that in the industry - but thanks for the creativity.

TNT are known as trash 'n trample, ParcelForce as Parcelfarce, Interlonk ans Interstink, Citylink as 5hittylink and UPS as Utter pile of 5hit though.... :P

I would say that DHL Express are as if not more reliable than the other big carriers - especially when you think of the size of company, there are bound to be more anecdotal negatives - this is an $80bn company after all....

Funny for the five years I worked on the DHL Aircraft everybody refered to them as that, Including at least one of the DHL representatives.

Pete.

Never order anything from Si (need to buy a LR first me thinks), but

and it's a big BUT I have had things sent via DHL, the last thing was something that the mrs ordered on line. returned home from work at lunch time - and note through the door - can't deliver no-one home need signing for.. Ok far enough not a problem. I phone my mrs (she is wanting this order - I'm sure you men will know what this is like) tell her the numbers - so she phones them to say my husband (that's me) will collect from your depot the day after tomorrow at lunch time. Ok no problems... next day same thing - I get home note through the door - no-one in ........... we shall return to sender. grrrr more phone calls etc (mrs getting v not happy) so next door go to collect... Do you have written confirmation that mrs XXXX would like you to collect this for her... ummm no, cause you never told her that I would need it on either the first or second time she phoned you to tell you I would collect.. Well here is the package but what proof do you have that you are married to her (well bu66er me I normally carry our wedding cert around with me, but today I just forgot).. oh hum - I had my driving license, and as the surnames and address matched they let me have the package......

Personally I prefer couriers who leave deliveries in my back garden so I don't have to drive to collect, TNT and DHL won't do this so I would always try to use other couriers.

Workwise, I have sent millions of parcels over the years. All couriers loose stuff. All couriers break stuff. That is what insurance is for.