I've a big arse

pugwash

Seriously, i've got a reallly really big arse

can't seem to find any bucket seats big enough to fit me in. does anyone know of any really really big ones?

failing that what is everone's thoughts on non-bucket seats with harnesses. i.e the "fast road" seats that cobra et al do that can have harnesses fitted. Are they likely to be plenty strong enough for off roading?

am thinkng about going to the autosport event in jan to try some seats out but wanted some information before i go.

can't seem to find any bucket seats big enough to fit me in. does anyone know of any really really big ones?

failing that what is everone's thoughts on non-bucket seats with harnesses. i.e the "fast road" seats that cobra et al do that can have harnesses fitted. Are they likely to be plenty strong enough for off roading?

am thinkng about going to the autosport event in jan to try some seats out but wanted some information before i go.

Have you really...No !... :lol:

I HAD buckets in my shed truck and frankly did'nt like them for getting in and out of all the time(its now so bluddy high I get vertigo just looking out of the window)which don't help, so went back to normal defender seats, very good for motorsport and hillrallying etc, but not for me <_<

Agree with Les :)

Fast Road seats are the way to go - I'm putting Subaru Impreza bucket seats in my series for three reasons:

a) they've got low sides so are easy to get in and out of (useful for your co-driver who'll love you for it)

B) they're *very* supportive

c) The ones in my Scooby are water stained (open window and car washing are a bad combination!) so I can put them in my series and get some shiny new ones for the Scoob!

Also, they're fantastic on long journeys, very comfy, hard wearing and easy to come by in your local scrappy ... and already have the hole made for the harnesses.

Best thing would be to go and try a load B)

OMP used to make a seat called 'The American' - I think Demon Tweeks sold it - it was for the larger arsed types

Well , I had to do something with the seat in the hybrid,

Go for some std defender seats, or buckets ??, the seats in the bobtail are too tight, and no good for challenge type events, when you are in and out all the time, fine for the lane's when sat there most of the day !!

In the end I went for the Cobra Monaco,, mainly because these are the same seats that Exmoor trim sell as there Trakkers seat, so fit in a defender in ok, and give a reasonable amount of shoulder & hip support

Used them at 7S very pleased,, worked well and comfy

100_1543.jpg

Jim,, you are welcome to try your back end, anytime you fancy :P

Thanks tim, i will pop round and try them some time- although i think you are right about challenge events- i was in and out of the car all day and the last thing i want is to be levering myself out of buckets all the time.

Dave- interesting to hear about you making some seats- how hard to make were they then? (little bit worried about you having "accidents"- do you often have to change your trousers?)

The seats were made from marine ply base and back, with a curved steel tube side bit. covered in 4" of foam and black vinyl. It took a long time to make, mostly trying to work out sizes. If i can find the plans i drew it should only take a couple of hours to make the next one.

'Accidents' as in off road incidents :o

Jim

come out with Mark and I on Sun cycling across the Quantocks, that will take your mind off it!

def seats and 4 point harness.

out of interest which wagon is this for - rangie? or new toy?

cycling across the quantock? lordy thats a little energetic- tempted though as the bike hasn't been out all year yet :(

only looking at seats for the new toy for when it is eventually built- i might start to buy things for it- ie seats, harnesses, switches etc spread the cost that way.

Has anyone thought of putting an inertial reel on a 3/4 point harness?

Reason I ask is cos I used to have them a while back and got a bit naffed off having to release it to change the volume on the radio etc.

Just a thought!

Si

...how hard to make were they then?

Corbeau used to do a custom seat where you put the side padding in or out as your arse required. One of the current manufacturers must still do so as they have to make different sizes for different bods that need an FIA seat.

Try Demon Tweeks or Peter Lloyd Rallying. If they don't have them, you can't get them!

Best of luck.

Dunc

Dollythelw had really nice and comfy seats in his PIG. Dont know where he got them from, but they were reclining, not too high on the sides, had 5 point harnesses. And he sat on them and slept in them for 6000 mile trip including 1200km of serious off-roading at Ladoga. And afterwards they went of to Latvia, Litvania, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria, Germany, Holland, Belgium, France - gosh that man gets around!!! (and I think all this in 3 weeks!!! )

ask him how was his arse??? :lol::lol::lol:

The seats were made from marine ply base and back, with a curved steel tube side bit. covered in 4" of foam and black vinyl. It took a long time to make, mostly trying to work out sizes. If i can find the plans i drew it should only take a couple of hours to make the next one.

Pretty sure I've come across a school of people that make their own custom seat by sitting on a bin liner filled with wall cavity insulation foam to get an exact mould of their back and behinds?

Pretty sure I've come across a school of people that make their own custom seat by sitting on a bin liner filled with wall cavity insulation foam to get an exact mould of their back and behinds?

By the time Jim had done that it would be a flat bag and all the foam on the floor.. :lol:

Whilst I'm far too polite to comment on the size of Jims arse, could I call a point of order:

Surely this shouldn't be in the "Getting Out There" forum.

Possibly the mods would like to add a "Squeezing It In There" forum, just for the occasion :lol:

Edited by fruity

Whilst I'm far too polite to comment on the size of Jims arse, could I call a point of order:

Surely this shouldn't be in the "Getting Out There" forum.

Possibly the mods would like to add a "Squeezing It In There" forum, just for the occasion :lol:

If Jim want's to take his arse and get it 'out there' then that is his choice as a consenting adult

By the way Mr Fruity - where are my brand new set of steel drill bits that were in the tool box you borrowed up in Frome? Not the Plastacine bendy ones that are in the drill box but the really good quality set that I needed desperately today! :angry: I used rude words about you to the cat and to Steve The Landlord. B*****d! :P

Edited by Les Henson