Everything back together

Got everything back together this morning and when i looked in my box of bits left over i found that i have forgotton to refit the black plastic bit that goes on the end of the clutch arm to keep the pin in place that goes to the clutch slave cylinder.

The clutch is operating, but will the pin fall out in time without the plastic thingy ? :ph34r:

Got everything back together this morning and when i looked in my box of bits left over i found that i have forgotton to refit the black plastic bit that goes on the end of the clutch arm to keep the pin in place that goes to the clutch slave cylinder.

The clutch is operating, but will the pin fall out in time without the plastic thingy ? :ph34r:

Nope and its almost impossible to fit via the slave cylinder hole, just leave it off...

fwiw I did manage it recently (this was on a R380 bellhousing, if it makes any difference) - but it almost exhausted my supply of British expletives. I made a 'tool' from a cut-down sealant nozzle to help locate the clip on the end of the rod

post-4308-1203092760_thumb.jpg

but it was still a %^&* to get the teeth thingies to locate into the little oval slot

I was told that the clip is really only there to aid assembly in the factory though

I used this setup on mine, popped it on quite easily once I'd got the hang of contortion <_< spread the clip over the flat bit, then force it into postition with the tube, then withdraw the flat bit.

post-21-1203093327_thumb.jpg

cool ideas ..

If SimonB is right and ya don't need it then why did ya all go to so much trouble to fit it ? :(

I figured it's there for a reason :unsure:

Me 2 ...

Like i'll be driving down the road one day and the slave cylinder pin will fall out, fly round the bell housing , jam in the fly wheel, shatter the fly wheel, which blows a hole in the casing and rips the whole engine bay into pieces ..

Oh no .. what have i done :ph34r:

Anyone running without one, and if so for how long ?

I tried and tried, and tried, and tried, and triedonce, i took the box back out in the end :lol:

As for the pin shattering the flywheel i dout it, i had a bellhousing bolt rolling about in there til the ring gear picked it up and re machined my bellhouseing for me :ph34r:

011207005.jpg

Will.

No it won't.

I've done same as you and dropped the pin inside after fitting a new clutch (didn't even realise a clip was meant to be there first time) and it was fine until I needed to change the slave cylinder many miles later. Managed to drop the pin inside again :rolleyes: (getting quite practiced at hooking the pin out) and its still to the day running without the clip.

No it won't.

I've done same as you and dropped the pin inside after fitting a new clutch (didn't even realise a clip was meant to be there first time) and it was fine until I needed to change the slave cylinder many miles later. Managed to drop the pin inside again :rolleyes: (getting quite practiced at hooking the pin out) and its still to the day running without the clip.

Many thanx .. but how dya get it oot ?