Paddocks 110 Rear Crossmember

Les Henson

Read that ...........starting laughing ..............read the thread finished laughing............:lol:

Paddocks are Sh*te of the finest poor quality and even worse customer service,

can't belive you got that from them ,

oh and Craddoiks are just as bad the cross member Jon White bought from JC was almost as bad....

Nige

Yeah agree Nigel

Am i the only one reading this and thinking,

"Whats wrong , You get what you pay for "

Been watching this post with interest, weve sold a few different brands of crossmembers, the best were SPI, im assuming you all know SPI is up for sale, hence why there is a lack of replacement panels etc I belive this could be the reason for the s**t quality ones on the market atm.

Genuine crossmembers normally retail at £1000, if someone can supply them cheap go for it !

Rant on

Been locking on Paddocks webb site you paid £119 + vat for this and you are moaning. Jee wize les come on mate . You pay nearly nothing for it and you want top quality . get real mate :rolleyes: They are make money on this so some one made this for alot less than you paid for it

I don't know a welder that would charge you that for the welding done on it never mind the metal thats involved in it.

I have worked in retail most of my life and it tinkles me off that people want stuff as cheap as poss but still want top qualtiy, and moan like hell when they don't get it :angry: As i said before you get what you paid for ;)

Sorry les but that is my thoughts on it

Rant off

Rant on

Been locking on Paddocks webb site you paid £119 + vat for this and you are moaning. Jee wize les come on mate . You pay nearly nothing for it and you want top quality . get real mate :rolleyes: They are make money on this so some one made this for alot less than you paid for it

I don't know a welder that would charge you that for the welding done on it never mind the metal thats involved in it.

I have worked in retail most of my life and it tinkles me off that people want stuff as cheap as poss but still want top qualtiy, and moan like hell when they don't get it :angry: As i said before you get what you paid for ;)

Sorry les but that is my thoughts on it

Rant off

And it tinkles me off that business want to sell carp to the public and moan when they get complaints. The Trades Description Act was brought in because retailers were selling carp, not because customers wanted cheap stuff.

It matters not what anything costs - it should be fit for purpose, if they can't make good stuff cheaply they shouldn't make it at all.

In this example it wouldn't cost any more to weld the brackets on straight would it?

And it tinkles me off that business want to sell carp to the public and moan when they get complaints. The Trades Description Act was brought in because retailers were selling carp, not because customers wanted cheap stuff.

It matters not what anything costs - it should be fit for purpose, if they can't make good stuff cheaply they shouldn't make it at all.

In this example it wouldn't cost any more to weld the brackets on straight would it?

Agreed but it is a fine line . After all one person starts selling somthing cheap and then somone else sells it cheaper (scorpian for example :) :) ). and someone will always buy it if it is cheap :rolleyes: But they always want it to be the same as the the orignal expensive one they saw. Your are right that retail shops should not sell cheap stuff but in some case they need to , to keep in the market and keep sales up. after all they are in it to make money :)

Again agreed about that if they can't make it good and cheap they should not make it at all. But belive me they do and they still will while people are buying them . That is life and basic econmics

After all Why do they make BGF At when you can buy alot cheaper remoulds. And why do people buy cheap remoulds when they are no where near as good as BFG AT Ahh yeah price :) just example of many things

As for the welding , it would cost more if you got someone more professional to do it :) After all Tonk is a very good welder but would more than £120 to weld all that together :D

After all Why do they make BGF At when you can buy alot cheaper remoulds. And why do people buy cheap remoulds when they are no where near as good as BFG AT Ahh yeah price just example of many things

No, but they fit and they're safe!

Jee wize les come on mate . You pay nearly nothing for it and you want top quality .

Guess you took one too many idiot pills Ali. How is anyone supposed to know the quality of anything until they actually get to see it? Like I said - cheap doesn't necessarily mean rubbish. Taking it/sending it back wasn't an option, so it had to be sorted out to something decent. This thread was started to inform people of the appalling quality of the crossmember, and that's it.

Les.

After all Why do they make BGF At when you can buy alot cheaper remoulds. And why do people buy cheap remoulds when they are no where near as good as BFG AT Ahh yeah price just example of many things

No, but they fit and they're safe!

Well Thats very debatable with some of them :lol::lol::lol:

I have to agree with Les, If I paid over £120 for that I would be hart broken that is utter carp there is know two ways about it, if he had paid £70 for it then no argument, but for the price he paid I would expect better

Im sorry but further more I carnt belive anybody would think that was cheap, its utter rubbish. if you had the tooling what would have that £40 max, I can not see how you justify that sort of product

Proberly did cost £40 to make. Then they sold it to Brit part for £60 and brit part sell it to Paddocks for £90 and you buy it for £120 :) .

• 9 months later...

Sorry to but in on this .

but after seeing the pics of the cross member was shocked to see such bad workmanship .

and yes after weekend jacking me landy 110 up the jack point on the rear cracked and folded up on me so now need a new rear end ,went to my local 4x4 shop and they have 1 in stock ,great had a look and it the same as in the pics and yes this one was a brrit part as well so looks like there all the same .

this 1 a bit more as well £165.98 inc .

so asking is there any where that sells them better than the brit part cross member .

:unsure:

Proberly did cost £40 to make. Then they sold it to Brit part for £60 and brit part sell it to Paddocks for £90 and you buy it for £120 :) .

So that should be fine for everybody then £5 will keep a qualified welder welding all day in India, Malaysia or China. The rest for metal and supplies and some profit to match the 40.

Can't see why it should be scrap then.