fiber glass bonnets

jules

I'm looking for a new bonnet for my Race which has 2 1/2" fox shocks and need the tomcat style bonnet and just before I buy one off the shelf I was hoping to have a look around I know Lama did make some as I bought one off Dave at Gaydon years ago but I don't have the website for his ones or if he does the shock friendly bonnets like the wild cat's have.

Any suggestions welcome or if Dave is still on hear even better

If only you knew someone local who did custom fibreglass work...

IMG_0563.JPG

Jon could you not find a bigger pic :rolleyes:

Jules even i knew that mike does fiberglass for boats and stuff :rolleyes: . He can make you one

And what the hell have you done to the one that was on it. You have not wrecked it all ready have you :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was chatting to Mike about it on sunday but I don't need a bespoke one just want to see whats on the market..

i have oone if you want to borrow it for the mould, or i could get some made from my FG man - he does all the bits for the rally car - finished with the gel coat ready to fit an paint

And who else do you know that's going to have problems fitting shocks under his bodywork ;) Use the mould twice, half the cost.....

a new bonnet from tomcat is £170.38 plus postage according to there website it would cost more than that for me to make a mould and a bonnet

mike

There was a firm at the Donnington indoor show (Ironicly this stand was outside :lol: ) that was selling fibre glass Defender bonnets that had a similiar styling to the Puma bonnet but with a rather nice cut out with a grill fitted.

But can not rememeber the name of them :(

Can anyone help as i would like to contact them ?

Jules you would like these :)

Jim

• 1 year later...
There was a firm at the Donnington indoor show (Ironicly this stand was outside :lol: ) that was selling fibre glass Defender bonnets that had a similiar styling to the Puma bonnet but with a rather nice cut out with a grill fitted.

Jim

Hi Jim

I think it was these guys outside they have an eBay Shop Bolt On Bits 01274 869955

Best regards Jon

Jim

This link?, they sell grp wings, bonnets etc