AWDC Howlin' Wolf Round 2 - Corwen

najw

Results now posted

HERE

Again, I am afraid we made a slight c*ck up at the prizegiving. The Class 1 results announced were incorrect and should have been:

3rd John Sales & Carl Hurst - 1800 points

2nd Alastair & Phil David - 1950 points

1st Chris Abel & Simon Wilkinson - 2350 points

Congratulations to the David Brothers for an excellent result on only their second Challenge outing.

Apologies to Glynn Yates & Barrie Gee for presenting trophies that didn't belong to them.

Championship tables will be posted tomorrow.

Results now posted

HERE

Again, I am afraid we made a slight c*ck up at the prizegiving. The Class 1 results announced were incorrect and should have been:

3rd John Sales & Carl Hurst - 1800 points

2nd Alastair & Phil David - 1950 points

1st Chris Abel & Simon Wilkinson - 2350 points

Congratulations to the David Brothers for an excellent result on only their second Challenge outing.

Apologies to Glynn Yates & Barrie Gee for presenting trophies that didn't belong to them.

Championship tables will be posted tomorrow.

Neil,Glynn was made up now you gonna upset him,Let saley tel him,

Carl.

Very tough for us. Co driver is knacked!

Broken screen, bent (strengthen) drag link, bent steering guard, broken wing mirrows (again)

Big thank youto everyone who helped set out, we didn't get to see too much of of what you had done, but i bet yor legs ached after doing that all day.

Best start getting ready for next one then :D

Top event, really enjoyed it, thank you Neil and team. Cheers Nick for a great day out and Chris and Graham for endless supplies of food! Legs a little worn this morning, think i will leave the running until later! (and its raining!)

Some great punches and a good site to compete on, not sure i would want to organise one there though a lot of potential for 'issues!'

Neil - just to check did you get my email?

We had a great weekend despite a few problems! :rolleyes:

The site was brilliant, and the punches were well set out with plenty that made us think twice about doing them!

We did have a little roll at the top of the hill on punch 18 that could have been quite nasty but luckily a tree broke the fall and Simon was quick enough to jump out the way before the truck rolled on top of him!

Well done Mr Turner for 1st overall :) , I still got more punches than you :P ! If only I did the other special... :ph34r:

Hope there are plenty of pic’s and YouTube video’s.

Many thanks to the marshals and organisers for such a fantastic event.

So who else rolled this weekend? :o

Hope you all enjoyed yourself. The site is amazing, and despite the problems with the camping it all seemed to go well... Next time you have a lie down Chris, make sure it isn't at the top of the mountain... :blink:

My HW pics are here: click-click.

Apologies that I can't get pictures of everyone, you all move to quickly.. :D

Good to meet gaflad too, hopefully there will be some good video appearing. Did anyone get Saley's roll?? Rumour was someone did...

Roll on Walters, gonna be really good!

This was our first big event and we were pleasantly surprised at how well we did - joint 28th!

Damage - brake exploded of the front 8274, totally shredded Britpart trailing arm bushes (new a month ago!) snapped the center winch rope twice and possibly bent a rear spring.

Oh, and we have a death wobble fron the front that requires a drive home at no more than 30 mph! (Swivel shimming to be checked this week).

Great event, and a great shock to the system to find all thoses one way in / out punches. Not used to being made to go a certain way to achieve a punch!

Many thanks to the organisers and marshalls.

Chris Able caught on video here -

Cool video! Its a really anoying when the rope keeps wraping round the drum the other way, Free spool drum definitly needed!

Looks like fun

Were there points awarded for driving along gullies on your door handles 'cos everyone seems to be at it in those photos

Should have been! my doors dont look the same ;)

Well done Adrian, Chris rob and Richard, Excellent results.

What was the special you did Chris? Adrian told me about the one he did where he had to hit the balls.

I decided to do the trials special, i thought i would have enough grip on the grass but it was more like driving on ice! It's just one of those things, i should have looked at the other one first :rolleyes:

I did manage to get through the second gate once i built up some speed :) with 4 seconds to spare!

SS are teams choice as to which you do, i do know that trying to start a special stage with 10mins of the comp left is not a good idea though.....

in which case I suppose it is fair in so far as you made the choice and it wasn't made for you. Still a bit of a downer if you picked SS1 on the day

in which case I suppose it is fair in so far as you made the choice and it wasn't made for you. Still a bit of a downer if you picked SS1 on the day

We do have the oportunity to look at both options during the day and read the rules sheet. Our problem was that we didn't find ss2 until the very end of the day so there wasn't time for us to have our alloted 12mins.

Obviously if we had the leader board would look quite different. ;)