Yet, somehow this happened

gallery_28_528_503479.jpg

It was this far from the road

gallery_28_528_789929.jpg

The culprit

gallery_28_528_150768.jpg

SOME of the other damage

gallery_28_528_806971.jpg

Now, if I done the damage myself I wold not get if fixed. The Landrover already has bigger dents!

However, the eyebrow is split.

And worse, a practically new BFG has a bit torn from the sidewall.

Amazingly no glass is broken, and a brick has gone through the garage door!

Guest WALFY

Scrolling down the pics my first thought was that you had a rough drive with bricks thrown all over the shop :P:P .

As has been said lucky it's only a tyre and plastic arch. Could of been worse if you were getting into the vehicle at the time

Yup, well spotted.

Pop round, I'm easy to find. It's the house with no front wall :lol:

I used to train with a fella up that way and every time we walked down to the pitches to play Rugby the lorrys used to scream down that road :rolleyes: i hope it gets sorted quickly and easily unlike the 2 years it took me to take a lorry driver to court for the damage he caused my old disco.

I don't think there's any doubt whose insurance company will be stumping up for that lot, at the very least an eyebrow and a tyre, a real picky g1t would claim for paint / panel damage and possibly a respray to make good - if it was any other car that would be the case anyway.

Apart from no one being injured, my biggest relief was that the truck had UK plates.

Still got the hassle of contacting the insurance companies though.

Missed our 1800 litre oil tank by 2ft, but the debris shower has moved it 3 inches and has some deep gouges in it!

Damage spotted so far

Neighbours wall

Our wall

Garage door

Car

Oil tank

4Ft mature hedge

Neighbours wall

2 8inch wooden gateposts

Gate

more wall

Neighbours porch

I guess as it was straddling the wall there was not much braking effort from the tyres. It was already on the pavement well out of shot of pic 3

My Aunty once woke up in the middle of the night to hear a loud crash and found she couldn't open the door to her liiving room as it was being blocked by an artic lorry which had taken residence in the middle of her shagpile

She moved 8 months later when a fuel tanker came for a night time visit

A home near Tiverton had suffered the "crash into our garden repeatedly situation"

He has since had the mother of all walls built that just looks like a brick wall on the outside but goes down nearly a metre and has

steel reinforced concrete behind,

Then next car/small lorry hitting it will be shocked for sure,

next time I pass I'll get a pic as it doesn't appear as what it actually is

Wow - you were lucky.

I like to see you've got your priorities right (your garage looks bigger than your house :lol: )

The Landrovers are too tall for that garage

I have a bigger one further down the drive :ph34r:

A bit OT but there is a wall at the bottom of the hill at a T junction at Upper Heyford, used to be an USAF base. Well they used to come down the hill (supposed to be a 30 limit) , and fail to make the turn, and knock the wall down. One yank tank actually got thru the wall and crossed about 25 foot of garden and hit the lounge wall.

This was obviously the final straw, so when he rebuilt the wall they pile drove ( is that the phrase) 3 lengths of railway line down into the ground and welded two lengths across, then built the wall around it. Now all that happens is a few bits of Cotswold stone gets crushed, cos the wall dont move. :lol:

We have a low brick wall outside of the factory and thats been knocked down more than a few times. Just after a right angled bend in the factory estate and they come bowling up to the corner and then realise it's a corner...........

We were in France / Belgium for a road book event, started about 06-00 hrs, there was a classic Rangie (Brit) who was one of the first off, long straight had a puncture careered across the road and the Rangie stuffed it's bonnet in someones house without any front garden or wall. Never realised how those French houses in a village by the road are so poorly built! As we came past the Lady owner was remonstrating with the poor old Rangie driver dressed in her dressing gown with a big hole in her front room! Very little damage appeared to have been suffered by the Rangie :lol: