Fitting new X-Arms

SteveG

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a bit of query that is bugging me and am interested in what folk think who have fitted this kit.

With the radius arm bushes pressed in, there appears (to my mind) to be an issue with the clearance between the inner radius bush tube and the X arm. The tube the bush presses into on the arm is only just narrower than the inner radius bush tube, giving hardly any room for movement of the bush between the radius arm and the axle bracket.

I would imagine a clearance of a few mil either side would be necessary.

Does this cause problems?

• 9 months later...

I've got a bit of query that is bugging me and am interested in what folk think who have fitted this kit.

With the radius arm bushes pressed in, there appears (to my mind) to be an issue with the clearance between the inner radius bush tube and the X arm. The tube the bush presses into on the arm is only just narrower than the inner radius bush tube, giving hardly any room for movement of the bush between the radius arm and the axle bracket.

I would imagine a clearance of a few mil either side would be necessary.

Does this cause problems?

I know the above goes back to Feb but I have just completed 8 rounds of Howling Wolf and a few other evens with no issues at all.

Si, I am thinking of moving my rear axle back a bit. Its currently only 88". Do you have any plans to make longer ones or will I have to alter the ones I have.

• 4 months later...

Si, I am thinking of moving my rear axle back a bit. Its currently only 88". Do you have any plans to make longer ones or will I have to alter the ones I have.

You (or anyone else) can have any length you like! Just let me know and when the next batch are being glued together I'll put in a special order - at no additional cost!

It is true that everyone here gets a discount. It used to be automated, but when the forum software was updated - it stopped working!

The best option is to email or call.

Some chassis do need a tiny bit of modification by way of the bolt holes that hold the bush in place needing enlarging a little. I think it's just one of those Land Rover tolerance things.

Si

Simon

I like the look of your rear suspension set up and have been following discussions here and on other sites.

I have Disco 1, 300 TDi used for heavy towing on road and also off road on the farm, so this looks like an ideal solution for me as tall boats and steep hills could really require stiffer springs.

What is the discount for LR4x4 members?

The full rear suspension X-Flex kit is currently listed as out of stock on your web site, so the web site will not let me place an order.

How do I place an order and will they be back in to beat your price rise?

A couple more technical questions

Will Disco1 X-Flex kit be transferable to a Disco2 or a 110, as I this vehicle will be upgraded in the next year or so?

Do you know of any systems for quick disconnecting re-connection of the anti-roll / swaybars for getting back on the road?

Thanks

Gronk ive been asking similar questions for a fortnight now with no response :( I cant galvanise my chassis until i get them due to the fitment issues....

Ive sent X Eng another email today so hopefully they finally reply!

Gronk ive been asking similar questions for a fortnight now with no response :( I cant galvanise my chassis until i get them due to the fitment issues....

Ive sent X Eng another email today so hopefully they finally reply!

If you read four posts up Simon has replied with the answer you require, that on some chassis's you have to enlarge the bolt holes very slightly. I have fitted a set to two chassis now and on my new galv chassis where i enlarge the holes by a couple of mill i just gave them a spray with some zinc paint.

Nice and easy to fit and can be done comfortably in a couple of hours. Definatly worth the cost and the time to fit them.

Jason

Thanks but if you read my post again youll see ive said emails.

And the emails contain other stuff as opposed to the slight mods needed that people have already answered, as you pointed out.

I've not received either email nor PM's from you? Try mailing Enquiries (at) X-Eng.co.uk

Sometimes mail sent via the forum gets marked as spam. We get 1 to 2 hundred spam mails per day so it's sometimes difficult to spot the one that is not spam!

Si