BRONCO4X4

Hi I have placed an order with www.bronco4x4.com a week ago and cannot get any joy with replies to emails or telephone I even left messages on answerphone but got nothing back.Now I have read a report on a website called ripoff and someone on there has gave them a bad report saying that they were ripped off but has anybody dealt with them and been satisfied with goods/service.

THANKS.

They seemed to be OK when they had their shop in Leek. I used to go past quite often, but now they have shut down I don't know where they operate from. I was told they had gone bust but I presume they must be trading from somewhere as they are still selling via the website

They seemed to be OK when they had their shop in Leek. I used to go past quite often, but now they have shut down I don't know where they operate from. I was told they had gone bust but I presume they must be trading from somewhere as they are still selling via the website

well at least they must have been genuine at one time so maybe I might get some joy after all thanks for reply.

A guy off the Difflock Forum visited their premises after waiting a while for his tyre (he only wanted one!) and said the place was empty. This is their new 'premises' not their original base in Leek

Last I heard they were touting the business around to try and get someone to buy it.

I reckon it would be unwise to pay upfront for anything at the moment.

I haven't bought from them recently, so can't comment on that front, but I used to use Grizzly Claw tyres. Great for grip, but I had one which must of been from a different batch than the other 4 - it literally fell apart in 1500 miles - like Les's photo above, but tread blocks dropping off, cracks, the works.

All 5 of the tyres fell apart eventually, before they wore out. Cracks in the side walls, side walls bulging, tread blocks falling off. You can get much better re-moulds these days for less money.

Glad I found this thread -- expect that I'll need to replace our Grizzlies in the next six months or so. I've had no problems myself with Grizzlies and would be happy to keep using them if I can get them -- but I do accept others have had problems.

A UK-only search at google.co.uk for Bronco 4x4 will turn up a lot if useful hits (albeit from earlier in the year, Feb-Mar time), this one in particular:

Bronco 4x4 in Liquidation

Looks like they're best avoided at the moment.

Didn't Bronco get their tyres made by Colway -- I did wonder what Bronco would do when Colway went bust?

Guest noggy

i was trying to get onto there website last night, and it was offline.

im glad i couldnt get onto it now, because i would have probably parted with some hard earnt coin!

EDIT: i still cant get on the website, there website tells me im a virus and wont let me on!

If it's any help I did some asking and they "apparently" are still running and are based a few roads away in Leek still.

Bronco 4x4 is a trading name of the following company:

PIRANHA WORLDWIDE LIMITED

UNIT A

BUXTON ROAD

LEEK

STAFFORDSHIRE

ST13 6EJ

Only problem with that is I used to live on buxton road and I can't think of anywhere you would call Unit A!

I had a set of 4 dirtdevils like Les, lasted for ages, noisier than my fedimas!! about as much good in mud as slicks. Wouldnt self clear at all. Quite hard wearing for a remould. Never had any issues with cracking side walls just deteriation thru age.

When you say you placed an order have you parted with the cash?

Have seen them selling on ebay also, try contacting thru there, but ask indirectly with out mentioning your order. Ie is collection possible, then go banging on the door wanting answers.

The 4x4 store

This is the seller on ebay that sell broncos & Im sure its bronco4x4.

Goodluck

Adrian

Yep that's the one, works fine for me too, and it was working last night

I just clicked on that link and It came up in red writing and said warning you have triggered a firewall virus or something or other.

Be careful people dont click on that link as its not safe,

Tris

What software is producing that Warning?

I go to it fine with Firefox 3 or IE 7 Running AVG and Zonealarm.

Just checked through the source code and there doesn't seem to be anything dodgy in the page

I get...

WebKnight Application Firewall Alert

Your request triggered an alert! If you feel that you have received this page in error, please contact the administrator of this web site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is WebKnight?

AQTRONIX WebKnight is an application firewall for web servers and is released under the GNU General Public License. It is an ISAPI filter for securing web servers by blocking certain requests. If an alert is triggered WebKnight will take over and protect the web server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more information on WebKnight: http://www.aqtronix.com/WebKnight/

AQTRONIX WebKnight

Edit: It's just the page that is returned by the webserver from some kind of server side software that thinks the request is a hack attempt. No virus / malware etc... to be wary of.

Sounds like someone's PC has a virus :(

I think mine has, Keep getting really dodgy things up, It definateley mentioned virus and it wouldnt let me navigate away, Kept telling me to install a program, Then when I tried to click cancel it came up with quite a nasty message saying "If you click cancel we will download the software to protect you anyway, It was insistant I down loaded it. It must have been a coincidence it happened when clicking that link then? I dont know anything about computers at all Its my wifes department.

I turned the laptop off without shutting down to get away from the message :o

All seems to be well, The wife says all is okay, Sorry if I said it was the link it just did it when I clicked on it, As my mom would say "its something in the air waves" :D

On another note to protect all us 4x4.com users, My wife says if you have a post card saying its from a friend by email then dont open it because its a virus.

Hope im not O/T

Regards tris

If it's any help I did some asking and they "apparently" are still running and are based a few roads away in Leek still.

Bronco 4x4 is a trading name of the following company:

PIRANHA WORLDWIDE LIMITED

UNIT A

BUXTON ROAD

LEEK

STAFFORDSHIRE

ST13 6EJ

Only problem with that is I used to live on buxton road and I can't think of anywhere you would call Unit A!

Last time I went there, it was at the rear of the car/import sales forecourt (blink and you'll miss it).

They were using a warehouse directly behind the forecourt to store the tyres.

Sounds like their old place, just up the road on the right after Morrisons, sort of opposite Halfords. They dissapeared from there quite a few months ago

:unsure: Don't remember there being a Halfords opposite? :blink: (there again I was looking for tyres) :lol:

It's not their old place, on the main road, with the blue frontage. (Possibly an old petrol station forecourt)?

(The one pictured in the attachment).

This place was further up, heading out of Leek, on the right hand side, a tin-shed basically about here on Streetmap

post-7166-1215606143_thumb.jpg