discovery on 37s or 38s

wez

hi guys im running a bobtailed disco on 33s at the mo with a 4 " suspension lift (2 inch springs and 2 " spacers), i am thinkin of upgrading to 37s or 38s as soon as my tyres wear out, do you think itll be possible to get 37s or even better 38s under it with 3" springs and 4" spacers?

yes it is, i dont tend to do a lot of wheelin as i have another truck for that, its just i like to have something a wee bit different from you r "evryday car" that every one else drives on the road if you know what i mean without goin ott and fittin mogs and 49s or 54s has seen on other discoverys

If as ,you suggest you will be effectively lifting the springs by 7" then your truck will be undrivable. The prop angles will be to pot and will probably fall off the ends of the splines! You will have to lift the body and the springs. 2" on the springs is sensible From 3" onwards you will begin to get issues. More than 2" body lift will create problems with gearsticks, seatbelts and radiator. Best to stick with 34" max or face a major rework of inner arches & bulkhead.

I think 35" tyres are the biggest you can go for without silly amounts of work..

Don't lift the suspension more than 2"-3" max if you want any kind of road handling...

Your best bet is a 50mm body lift (kit from Bearmach) a 50mm suspension lift, and cut arches...

I had 34" tyres on a classic with a 70mm spring lift and 50mm extended arches. I am now running 35" tyres on the same setup. IMHO the wheel offset in the vital part, with little backspacing (i.e 3.5") the tyres will rub on the outer arch and with lots of backspacing (i.e 5" etc) the tyres will rub on the inner arch.

we do not like "text spk" on this forum

Whenever my Dad texts me with this "r u" or "c u l8r" carp i normally text him back to inform him that he either types a proper message in a language i can understand or telephones me! Text speak is just plain lazy and darned annoying!

Anyway, now i've put my toys back in my pram, back to the plot; didn't Russ have 35's on his Disco before it was chopped?

Before going truggy, I was running an OME lift (called the 3" lift), a 2" body lift and the fiberglass flares...with a respectable amount of flex...ran 36" Interco IROKs, which are measured at 36.8"...and a lot of backspacing on the wheel...I did have some rubbing, but that didn't stop as I cut the flares a little bit more...

With the new rubber flares which are said to have an even larger opening, I believe you can fit a skinny 38" (38x11 bogger?) safely...

Question is, do you have the drivetrain for it?

Nadim