Should i use rubber boots on Pro comp shocks ??

mudmuncher

Hi all

I have just ordered some pro comp ES3000 shocks for my series swb

They dont come with boots and when i ordered them the guy said some people are for them and some people are against boots .

I just wondered if i heed to buy some or am i better off forgetting them ?

Many thanks chris

I was at Tong about 10 years ago at an Ibexfest and the Ibex infront of me gently put his front wheel on a mound to articulate the axles for a piccie when his rear procomp promptly broke in 2, the weld (I use the term loosely) broke and the eye seperated from the main body. His playday was over virtually before it started. BTW he didn't have the boots on if that helps. I had procomps on a vehicle I was building at home at the time and promptly ordered a set of OMEs and removed the Procomps ASAP. They are still brand new in the gararge to this day. I had the boots on and still do. HTH

Gaza

Absolutely not. Throw them away!!

Bear in mind that if you keep proof of purchase etc pro-comps come with a lifetime gaurantee.

Only one I've ever killed was cos I bent the leaf and wrapped the shock around the axle casing!

However I do note that they do seem to rust very quickly!

Jon

Yup - I can agree - I fitted them to mind when i first fitted the shocks, but all that happened was they filled up with mud which then blocked the ickle drain holes in them so they were always full of wet soggy mud with casued the chrome to rust up in no time at all!

Jon