Mike Woolf

white90

My list....

Transfer box to rebuild

Underdrive to finish fitting (it will be in even if I'm up all of Friday night....)

Hand brake assembly to change (I'm half way with that, though)

Axle oil to change

Front winch oil to change

Propshafts to grease

Front recovery points to fit (are you listening Mark? ;) )

Tyres to be tubed and valve protectors welded on (Saturday morning job)

oh, and about half an hour's welding to do.

Good thing I've got a couple of days free this week...Althoug I'll have to make time for my fortnightly "hippie hunt"! Can't wait to nail one of those bean-eating naturemonkeys between the eyes by an internal combustion-powered gauss cannon! Mmm - greenhouse gases..:)

Er yeah................

Running it (MWWCE) I have all the "Stuff" to do for entrants (mainly sorteds) but the 90 was another matter........don't ever underestimate the hours taken to sort out and get running an event !.... :o

Re me 90....

I thought I had sooooooooo much time to get it all done, .....now I am panicing .....and been working this weekend 20 hours ++ to try to get all the mods done.....

Brakes....new calipers, and pipework (pipes fracturesd when I tried to undo the calipers :angry: ),

exhaust blowing sorted (smacked hard on something - nice dent was a split so had to wel it up - on the 90 :( and upside down too :angry: )

Fit a new CB and wire up .....etc etc.... Thats after I fitted the new sides and perspex windows - erm took slightly longer than planned,

replaced ARBs with new 4.11 CW&P and pegged diffs,

2x prop UJs and a mate stripped and got my handbrake working properly again...

and fitted National Luna split charge system from Rod callender (bought at old sod LAST year :rolleyes: ), new battery (Grahma (Ripley) killed it when I jump started his VERY Dear RR in Dec :huh: ),

and then making up the new turret covers that go on the inner wing as the one ones didn't fit with +polus 3/4 inch new turrets....bosch coil and replaced some wiring etc

sort of ready...

....but snorkel will have to wait as will the Quaiffe bits for the front axle as time is has run out

Yikes !

Nige

I spent all day Sunday getting the Ba*tard event stickers off the 90 over the last 4 years.

still to fit

Rev counter (find the lost wiring diagram)

Find a CB that works in the garage

internal winch controls

Internal light to fit

Map light to fit

Compas still to fit

speedo to fix (find the correct cabe to work with gear box)

Wire the reversing lights

tidy up the boxes in the back.

service both whiches.

I'm not even competing

Thats just the 90

the Two freelanders need full suspention strip off and service as a the easy bit.

Front recovery points to fit (are you listening Mark? ;) )

haven't had time yet, u think u're busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mines almost there but have had no time to work on it, still got mot to get too, that will be fridays job, talk about leave it to the last minute :o

hey there,

I'll arrive in Stanstead at 4pm;then I'll catch a bus to Portsmouth or wherever you live and depending on timetables I'll arrive there...then will call you and explain where I am!

:rolleyes:

Bus station I suppose?

:blink:

;)

I'll arrive in Stanstead at 4pm;then I'll catch a bus to Portsmouth

You might be better off getting the Stanstead Express into Liverpool Street (Central London)

5 minute walk to Bank Tube station

5 minute tube ride to Waterloo station

and then get a train to Portsmouth - probably just over an hour.

If you want help on how to cross London - PM me.

You might be better off getting the Stanstead Express into Liverpool Street (...)

If you want help on how to cross London - PM me.

Hey Andy,

thanks for the hint.

I'll PM you tomorrow sure!

;)

Hey Andy,

thanks for the hint.

I'll PM you tomorrow sure!

;)

I'd agree with Andy. Get into London and you should be able to pick up a quick commuter train. Its also going to be about the most direct route for you. Don't bother with a bus, it'll be pretty terrible with luggage after a long trip and you'll get stuck in the afternoon 'fun and games' on the M25.