Load bay lashing points

landrover598

I use a recessed track system with removeable sliding rings. They leave a completely flat floor when the track in let into a routed groove. The rings can be moved anywahere up and down the track on each side.

You can just see the track here with all rings removed:

P3130020Small.jpg

Here's the track before the rubber matting was glued down:

P3050002Small.jpg

Paul :)

img15939lf.jpgimg15921en.jpg

I use cargo rail.You can see them each end of the locker.I have three across the back of my 110 SW.One at the rear as you see in the bottom picture.The middle on as you see in the bottom picture again.

Then one at the front just in front of the storage box,You can see the small shackle on the left with the strap.

My rail came from www.pro-x-equip.com.

I bought it at a show.

Nobody that sells it seems prepared to send it to you.

Not cheap though.Then you need the clips to hold the straps.

So far it's secured everything I've need it for.

I eat rat poison,they increased my dosage yesterday.

mike

I can cause trouble in an empty house.

These are mine:

Ring1.jpg

Ring2.jpg

LR part no. EOZ100000, they're about £2.50 each, maybe plus VAT? Exeter 4x4 store will get them in for you, but I think they're the same price from a dealer?

Got the idea from Expedition Exchange.

I've now got another 6 at floor level in line with the ones in the photos, which gives me enough things to bungee or tie stuff down to. Would like some in the middle really, but the completely flat floor is useful, and I'm not quite ready to cut big holes in it to put recessed ones in (something like on this page). Plan eventually is to have two recessed ones placed just over the width of the waffles so they can be held down securely and quickly.

Hope that helps,

Rich

I like those eyes B)

They would lie flat and yet be big enough to get a rope / bungy/ ratchet through.

Do they rattle about though ?

These ones?

Ring1.jpg

They lie fairly flat, only about 5-10mm high at most, and they don't rattle at all - the plastic bits in the loop stop them moving around. They're a part from the rear of the Disco 2, so have to be quiet! :lol:

Richard

:lol:

I think 10 of those will do the job nicely, should be cheaper than the rail stuff :unsure:

I bought 8 of those (was looking for 10, but only 8 were available), used but in good condition, for 1,5eur each. a bargain!! haven't installed them yet...

mine are like Darth Dickys, only mine are buried under 3 mountain bikes, 3 tool boxes, several oil containers, miscellaneous bits of wood, two plastic boxes of painting stuff to finish the 110 with, a winch cable, several strops (including one thats actually a wet patterdale terrier but that will be coming in the house when its dry),

they work very well with either ratchet tie downs or bungy cords for light stuff.

I believe vauxhaul vans are a useful source of them ;)

Will :)

Defenders less than about 4 years old (I think it came in for 02MY) have the lashing eyes in the back which are exactly the same as in a Discovery 2, as in DD's photo.

I don't often use them but when I do they are excellent and when I don't, they are tight so no rattles at all.

ok, a bit late but it may interest other people, these are the MIL one's in position on mine:

two at the front on the bulkhead:

DSCF1839.jpg

With them also down the sides of the seat/wheel box bottoms, and on the top at the back:

DSCF1840.jpg

Think for the sides there was holes for six for each side (three top of box, three on bottom on sides), meaning a total of 14 lashing points

even later on this discussion,

I can't take a photo at the moment but I use these rock climbing "bolt hangers"

you can even get them in different colours!

envirohangers.jpg

or

Petzl anchors

You can get either removable ones that slip over a bolt head or ones

just bolt down. At least I know how strong they are (the SWL is usually

stamped on them). easily available at your local climbing/outdoor shop.

regards

Matthew

I use 4 of these [genuine LR parts] in the back of my 110 [2 per side] fits on top of the rear wheelbox with the load secured by 2 x 1 ton ratchet straps.

the loop on top inside vehicle & the 2 plates underneath each side of the reinforcing ribs. :D

WP_20180415_19_15_27_Pro.jpg

WP_20180415_19_15_37_Pro.jpg

Edited by western
photo's replaced

What land rover part are they, and what LR are they from?

I knew that was gonna be asked, I'll dig out a number, can be used on any LR, IIRC their military parts but any LR dealer/independent supplier should be able to get them. :D

Right found the numbers

RRC3588 & RRC3674 plus nyloc nuts IIRC the loop is RRC3588 & the backing plates RRC3674

the older type that minivin has are LR part number 395104

hope that helps :D

Edited by western

I knew that was gonna be asked, I'll dig out a number, can be used on any LR, IIRC their military parts but any LR dealer/independent supplier should be able to get them. :D

Right found the numbers

RRC3588 & RRC3674 plus nyloc nuts IIRC the loop is RRC3588 & the backing plates RRC3674

the older type that minivin has are LR part number 395104

hope that helps :D

Just rang Land Rover dealer to get a price and the loops (RRC3588) are £10 each! :blink:

the backing plates are 40p each.... :huh:

Mark