Anybody NOT at MW today?

minivin

Well, making it from scratch :D

As it is we spent all day farting around with a Hilux that's had a V8 (and Ash's MSEFI) dropped into it and didn't get much done on my pile of metal :(

The days are getting longer, more time to fettle it ;)

I wasn't there either!!

Been in the shed fixing a cross-threaded spark plug on the RR - OOOPS!! :angry: My mistake originally, but naturally had to blame LR for not making things robust enough for heavy handed galoofs like me!!!

Tell you what though, it's a completely different machine now it's got all of it's compression back!!

I was in Tallinn (Culture and Beer visit), and I saw more Disco 3's in 4 days than I have seen in the UK since it's release! Dunno why? I'd have seen more if I'd not been sheltering in the bars from the painful subzero temperatures! smow.gif

Still, sometimes more to life than Landys eh?? beer.gif

I'll get my coat.

Spent the day pretty much as I spent the previous four - cutting out bits of rusty Discovery and welding in new bits! So far I have put two new sills in and built up the floor supports ready for the new floor. Oh, and I also changed all four srings and shocks, and did the front discs and pads... quite a productive five days really, but bl00dy hell was it cold! Today was really nice though....

Mark

I was suppsed to be there as a marshall but didn't make it.

I made a bit of a school boy error and assumed that the Discovery with it's not yet 48 hour old MOT would be ok to drive to Slindon and back from B'mouth. .....erm.....how about NO.

Just got east of Portsmouth when a rear wheel bearing collapsed! I only had enough tools to change a wheel; well what was I going to need marshalling :)

Thanks to Trevor in the yellow LR for stopping :) Managed to find a Stagecoach bus depot and one of mechanics lent us spanners and grease. Given that the bearing was mainly black dust and loose rollers we packed the hub full of grease and went home.

Anyway, all fixed after a couple of hours in the workshop. Had to apply hammers and cold chisel to release old bearing!!

I feel a bit stoopid and not a little embrassed to have let down Nige and the rest of the chaps. Just hope they all had a good day.

Ah, so it was you :D Nice to meet you Andy. Glad you got back ok at least.

I went to look at some penguins today, the MWMC being a bit far from here :)

An hour on the road and another hour off it (bit wet in places but nobody got stuck) to see these chaps:

P1010009Custom.jpg

P1010016Custom.jpg

P1010022Custom.jpg

P1010034Custom.jpg

peng1.jpg

peng2.jpg

Quite a good day out despite the weather being a bit foggy :)