Winch switches ?

nokiamutt

Im looking to bring my winch controls into the cab and intend using a momentary, off, momentary switch .. one that returns to the centre after use .

I have had a look at the ones on this site

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-...tches/lever.php ,

but i rather one a little longer , i have seen some on a video on youtube

tube vid refering to switches 12 seconds in

featuring D G tuning however i cant see to source them any where .

Any info would be much apreciated

Never seen a supplier for the ones in the DG video, but there are a couple of guys involved with them round here...

the vwp one works very well as a winch switch - I have been using one exactly like it for some time now...

another alternative is a Carling version of it - same as the ARB locker switches, but mom-off-mom. I believe x-eng and mudstuff both stock them...

cheers

Mark

It's worth paying extra for good quality versions. The VWP ones are OK but aren't as well put together as the more expensive ones from Farnell or RS.

For a switch that is going to cause you real grief if it fails and is likely to be used regularly, buy the best you can find.

These are very good...

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchB...t&R=0199318

IP67 sealed and very well put together.

I've not seen any long toggles that are as reliable as the normal ones or sealed.

We've used carling switches and have not had any problems in the 12 months that they have been fitted.

As can be seen, we are using a mudstuff panel, which has the

3 switches for the ARB's and compressor (On-Off)

3 switches for the winches (MOM-Off-MOM)

1 electric fan control (On-Off)

1 winch main supply control (On-Off)

2 auxillary light controls (On-Off)

and..

4 resettable fuses.

1 Volt Meter

1 Boost gauge

That is the MK2 layout. I have also used the correct wiring plugs that fit onto the spade terminals on the back of the Carling switches to make life easier if I ever have to change a switch.

Hiya,

I also use the Carlin switch for my winch (mom off, mom on) which I purchased from X Engineering and also use in a mud UK center dash panel to mount it in and they are great, they are really robust and also waterproof as I remember, you can't go wrong with it and they are only approx £7 each

Cheers

Simon

Friend of mine has the carling switches inside and outside. The ones outside are bitch switches mounted on the front grill and just below the back door, so regularly recieve a dunking and continue to work well.

Jon