My bulkhead will not sit straight!

I'm rebuilding my 90 on a galv chassis and have got my bulkhead on but it's leaning towards the front end and I'm struggling to get it to sit straight. I've tried to loosen everything off and get a mate to pull it back whilst I tighten it back again but no joy. anyone any ideas why this is happening?? and how to sort it? Im not sure if its just the chassis being slightly different or wether it got a little twisted during the removal. Help needed please

I have this problem with my 90, when building it i didnt use any shims on the bulkead brackets that fit to the footwells and as such my drivers door doesnt align properly. I would recommend getting some of the shims as they are very cheap and it will be a lot easier to fit now.

http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product/listi...head&page=1

hope this link helps

colin

Thanks for the help, I had another good go at it last night and managed to get it a bit straighter by loosening off the steering shaft which I hadn't done before, stupid mistake. But i'l also look into getting the shims for the bulkhead before I go any further. Thanks for the help

• 1 year later...

Apologies for opening up an old post, but where exactly do the bulkhead packing strips (shown in the lrseries link above) go??

When i dismantled my 110 for a full rebuild i didnt notice removing any packing strips that look like this. Though considering im building onto a new galv chassis i suppose that doesnt mean that i wont need them when rebuilding.

Still can't be as bad as mine, I put the stiffener bar on the wrong side before galvanizing, for future reference if you do just one put it on the back side :), I would be more inclined to use 3 bars next time, one on each side on the bottom and one across the front bolted through the windshield bolt holes on top. Got it mounted on the chassis and with a hand-winch pulled it more or less back into alignment though. A bit more to do but I don't get my window frame until tomorrow night and then I can work on the top section.