AWDC compliant breather, where from?

roguevogue

I would have theough the windscreen washer one would be way too small and the fuel vapour could possible do some damage internally. No ideas where you could salvage/recycle one from but if you do decide to buy new I can recommend Merlin Motorsport ( http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/ ). An excellent bunch of guys that will do anything to help.

Steve.

I know you said not Demon Tweaks but they do an ideal one for about £18 that fits perfect into a 9mm fuel pipe and complies perfectly, also if you've plenty of time quite a lot of Ford's have fuel line breather's built in and should be relatively cheap and easy to find.

Regards

Most of the suppliers are selling Mocal ones, Mocal items are manufactured by Think Automotive - http://www.thinkauto.com/

They do a really nice (not listed on the web site that I've found) relief valve that opens to let air out when the tank exceeds a certain pressure and opens to let air in when the tank exceeds a set vacuum. It means the rest of the system can be completely sealed with a single pipe venting. If you use a single none-return valve as your only vent you can get problems with the tank becoming pressurised due to gasses being released from the fuel expanding.

I'd recommend requesting a catalogue, loads of useful info in there about different fittings/threads/standards.

I'd echo Dave W's advice.

ALRC motors used to be able to just run the vent up and around the cage in a loop, ending below the tank ( when the right way up!) . This was replaced by the requirement to fit a NRV in the breather. We had a fire at one of our events, caused by a split fuel line near the tank. The fire caused the tank to pressurise, and force the fuel out at greater pressure feeding the fire, even though the pump was off.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
In the technical regs, section 13 it mentions the one way valve.

If says if the fuel system has been modified you need to fit a valve so if mine is standard I do not need one, is this correct ?.

im not sure tbh give Neil Witford a ring and perhaps he can put you in touch with 1 of the scrutineers and get sorted 1st as last,

i had mine from Merlin Motorsport worked out about 40 quid delivered but they did say you need to have it pointing up

In the technical regs, section 13 it mentions the one way valve.

If says if the fuel system has been modified you need to fit a valve so if mine is standard I do not need one, is this correct ?.

If your fuel system, tank, filler etc is completely standard you don't need the extra non return valve in the breather

there we are Bob thats teh answer you were waiting for, Neil just saved you 40 quid B)

Cor Nobby, do you shop at Harrods :o . They are only a fiver from Roean at Telford. Send yours back to Mr Fayed and I will bring one down with me saturday.

Just an update on the think automotive relief valve, it doesn't appear on their web site or in their catalogue but they do still sell it !

I've had to buy one for mine as it's a fully sealed fuel system and it took me ages to figure out why I couldn't find it. The Mocal part number is TPV8. It comes with 8mm inline hose fittings (tails). It's normally sealed but will open to let air in at around 0.08 psi vacuum and will open to let air out at 0.725 PSI positive pressure. Retail price is £33.85 and they have them in stock.

http://www.thinkauto.com/

Just an update on the think automotive relief valve, it doesn't appear on their web site or in their catalogue but they do still sell it !

I've had to buy one for mine as it's a fully sealed fuel system and it took me ages to figure out why I couldn't find it. The Mocal part number is TPV8. It comes with 8mm inline hose fittings (tails). It's normally sealed but will open to let air in at around 0.08 psi vacuum and will open to let air out at 0.725 PSI positive pressure. Retail price is £33.85 and they have them in stock.

http://www.thinkauto.com/

i phoned these on a few occasions at first i had no reply when i did they didnt know what i was on about and promised to return my call when they found out, they didnt return my call so i phoned back and same again they promised to phone back and guess what they never did so i went to merlin motorsport ordered it at 3.30 i had it at 9.am following day