out and about in hants!

jason110

hello all!

ive been in southampton for a while now, but not really been offroad/greenlaning apart from the south downs ways, and various tracks north of portsmouth.

i was just wondering if anyone in the area was off out and about wanted a co driver or another car to go with!

ive got some off road driving experience, my 110 has got recovery points front and back! and the tyres seem ok off road, not to muddy though.

well if anyone fancies it, let me know! :D

cheers jase

post-3136-1234708490_thumb.jpg

Jase

Why not join Hants and Berks LROC or a similar club in the area? They do lots of events.....

Also CORE 4x4 near Chich is a good pay 'n play site. Also Muddy Bottom...

Have you been to Brick Kiln Farm near Alton? Pay and play every weekend - pay the farmer and the site is yours all day! Check first with farmer (phone number in latest LRO mag) in case there is an event on at the site.

I can show you some gentle lanes around Petersfield one am or pm w/e..... Not into tearing ancient byways to bits (just leads to closure!)

Cheers

Rob

Jase

Why not join Hants and Berks LROC or a similar club in the area? They do lots of events.....

Also CORE 4x4 near Chich is a good pay 'n play site. Also Muddy Bottom...

Have you been to Brick Kiln Farm near Alton? Pay and play every weekend - pay the farmer and the site is yours all day! Check first with farmer (phone number in latest LRO mag) in case there is an event on at the site.

I can show you some gentle lanes around Petersfield one am or pm w/e..... Not into tearing ancient byways to bits (just leads to closure!)

Cheers

Rob

cheers rob, thanks for the offer :) my landy has gots it MOT on wednesday, so i dont want to make plans just incase! all i want is to explore some of the countryside etc.

i have to looked into joining various clubs around soton, and hants. i havent heard of brick kiln farm, but ill definately look in to it :)

denviks - i havent heard of them, but ill look into it!

cheers for the replies!

thanks for the advise there guys!

as ive mentioned, ive got the MOT on wednesday, so im going to see how thats goes, i was thinking of popping along to the slrc meeting at the empress of blanding to meet some people !

fridgefreezer - i was looking at the outting on the 15th, but my girlfriend was down :P

rob - i like your thinking! ;)

andyb - im going to try to come along, so ill let you know!

thanks again!

In your region shires is a good club, they have much more regular events than HBRO (in terms of play days rather than trials). I haven't been to a shires event for some time (and it will be ages before I do again :) ) but while relaxed they have needed a bit more 'control' in some cases, but I understand that shires has been addressing that.

HBRO tend to run very 'proper' events, with high control and guidance. It's good, but can get a trifle boring (though there are some club members who know how to let their hair down and act the arse :) ).

One of the really good things HBRO has though is BAFMA events, these provide access to great areas and I enjoyed *every one* I went on, the driving was great, the interaction with armed forces was good. You quite often broke new tracks on training areas too...

The public driving days that HBRO used to organise were good as well, watching other 4x4 go around tracks was always entertaining, though some of the prime jobs used to go to the same faces a bit too much and you could end up getting a bit peed off with how hard you were working in comparison to people swanning around.

I think I'd join both clubs if I was back there.. They both offer a different kind of experience.

I await the flames :)

I think I'd join both clubs if I was back there.. They both offer a different kind of experience.

I await the flames :)

Like the man says, join both...I am and it's the best of both worlds! :P

At the end of the day, we live in Hampshire which has to be be one of the best counties in the UK :P

Shires for me hands down. By far the friendliest and most active club inthe area IMHO.

AWDC arent bad either, but dont hold as many local events as they're a national club. AWDC events do unfortunately have a habit of attracting the pikey/knobhead element driving a non-road legal shed brigade.

I have been a member of HBRO in the past, but am no longer, due to the fact that all they ever seem to put on is RTV's and if you're not ARC legal then there isnt an awful lot else to interest you. They do the odd play day, but you tend to get agro for going "off piste" etc. If you're ARC legal, and like RTV trials then HBRO are definately the club for you.

Shires and AWDC play days tend to be go where you like, do what you like.......

I personally cant stand trials - they bore me to tears!

It depends what you want to do really!

Jon

hmmm good advise guys thanks, theres plenty to think about!

ive been to a few trials back im pembrokeshire (the best county in the UK :P ) with west wales 4x4, and ye unless you can get in a car they are ok, i think id prefer to go to a pay and play day or a bit of gentle greenlaning so i can drive my own machine about!

on the mention of HBRO, i dont think ill join them on the basis that im not really into trailing, and i dont want to get in RTV's for fear of damaging my 110, since its my only car down here!

well looks like i better fill out the shires club membership form!

thanks for your help :D

We at Shires try to make our play days family-friendly. The only rules we have are for your own and other's safety - speed limit, wearing seat belts, road legal car and driver, etc. We don't do exclusive trial days as that just alienates a whole lot of the membership who just want to have a bimble around. We have previously added a small punch challenge or trials section for people to have a go at if they so wish.

If you have any questions about Shires, a number of the committee are on here and can be PM'd (me, Will_Warne, Jules, MikeTomcat, V8bertha, Dlander), or we can be contact through the website.

If you're ARC legal, and like RTV trials then HBRO are definately the club for you.

If you are not ARC legal and want to do RTVs then SCOR is the club for you. :D

We run RTVs in Somerset, Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire and Sussex.

thanks for the advise there guys!

as ive mentioned, ive got the MOT on wednesday, so im going to see how thats goes, i was thinking of popping along to the slrc meeting at the empress of blanding to meet some people !

fridgefreezer - i was looking at the outting on the 15th, but my girlfriend was down :P

rob - i like your thinking! ;)

andyb - im going to try to come along, so ill let you know!

thanks again!

Jase

Did it pass the MOT? :huh:

sorry for not getting back sooner, unfortunately it didnt :(

-the swivels need packing or replacing

-a-frame ball joint is shot

-both seat belts were to frayed

-and the rear brakes were not applying evenly and then releasing unevenly

so brooklyn 4x4, who by the way have have great customer service, are going to do the swivels and the a-frame ball joint and im going to do the brakes and seat belts.

i was planning to do the work this weekend, but paddocks in the infinite wisdom decided to send my parts, which i ordered on wednesday night, to my home address in deepest darkest wales - instead of southampton :angry:

so im not going to get them to till monday now!!!!!! so come monday when i get them, there going to get there ear chewed off since they couldnt post them via royal mail on friday just gone, so i could get them next day! grrrrrr anyway rant over!

so hopefully with all the work done the old girl should be back on the road and fighting fit!

so im hoping to get the MOT by the end of week, thanks for asking DrRob :D

ill keep you posted!

jase :)

my landy is all better now and has been given a clean bill of health for another year!

so if anyone in the southampton area wants to go for a play one weekend, this one included, but not next weekend however.

oh by play i mean gentle green laning, nothing to severe or potentially damaging :)

PM me !

jase

Jase,

Me and a few others are heading to Salisbury plain tomorrow if you fancy it let me know

my landy is all better now and has been given a clean bill of health for another year!

so if anyone in the southampton area wants to go for a play one weekend, this one included, but not next weekend however.

oh by play i mean gentle green laning, nothing to severe or potentially damaging :)

PM me !

jase

You could try Wessex Hillrunners, i am the Events Organiser and we try to do a green laning trip and a site day every month. We also hold camping events on a site or with green laning through the summer months.

The website is www.wessex-hillrunners.co.uk

Or if you want any more info please contact me.

Thanks

Sam