Could forum members help please.

Les Henson

Not sure if this is a good idea, but I notice that there are a lot of people still looking at the 'idiot off-roaders thread' I posted a few days ago. Perhaps you that are more skilled at surfing the web could perhaps try to track this guy down please.

The guy is around 5'10", thick set/fat, bald, 'no neck'. I suppose most people would describe as a typical thug image. Welsh accent and his name is possibly Keith, or Kevin.

He was driving a white 'K' reg Frontera, and on the vehicle was a website similar to Fronterasport. (.com or .co.uk). It's just possible that he visits a website and has complained that we tried to spoil his day. If you have any info or can help , then you can post, pm, or e-mail me in confidence.

Thanks.

Les.

Thanks Stephen, I'll check it out. The logo was almost definitely fronterasport though.

Les.

You sure it wasn't a standard OEM sticker? The short wheel base Frontera is called the 'Sport'.

Can't see anything on that site - the forums are pretty quiet, although they have a closed shop (can't even see anywhere to apply for access) Yahoo group.

The few bits they've got on green laning stress responsible use, so looks like at least as a group they're decent bunch.

If the Police aren't interested in the job, PM me and I'll let you know the offences he could have committed......might give them something to get them started. Very often the only person you'll speak to when contacting the Police is a Civvy in a call centre who doesn't know the intricate detail of highway legislation......

I joined the site and made a reply.

The thread seems to be a small amount of sympathy for this guy and justification for his actions.

such as "We don't like Fronteras, he didn't know the rules", so it's an excuse for what he did (can't see how you can think it's ok to spray someone with mud three times) unless someone says it's not.

At least there's a discussion on it.

Thanks Si.

Les. :)

Guest diesel_jim

It would seem that they have a rather large chip on their shoulders too.

Because we drive land rovers we must therefore be picking on them and looking down our noses at them. :rolleyes:

Can't see much progress happening there myself, i reckon if they did know who it was, they'd just close ranks.

It would seem that they have a rather large chip on their shoulders too.

Because we drive land rovers we must therefore be picking on them and looking down our noses at them. :rolleyes:

Can't see much progress happening there myself, i reckon if they did know who it was, they'd just close ranks.

Reading the Frontera site.

I reckon they have already closed ranks.

I take it the vehicles the Frontera was with didn't cause/do any damage Les ??

I eat rat poison

mike

I can cause trouble in an empty house !!

Reading the Frontera site.

I reckon they have already closed ranks.

I take it the vehicles the Frontera was with didn't cause/do any damage Les ??

I eat rat poison

mike

I can cause trouble in an empty house !!

What these people don't realise is that I think Land Rover are probably as big a problem as other marques, if not more. Most of these people will drive the cheapest vehicle they can get and, because of availabiliy, there are a lot of people in cheap RRs now. In 6 months time this idoit could be in a RR, a series, an SJ, a Hilux, a Trooper, a Vitara or something else.

This explains why there were 30 odd "guests" reading the original thread the other day!?

My comment to them regarding us thinking LRs are better than other 4x4s would be that most of the general public do not know the difference between a LR and any other 4x4, and tend to call them all LANDROVERS!

Had this happened to one of these kind of people, we the LR community

would doubtless be getting all kinds of abuse from all kinds of anti 4x4 groups!!

It is good that we can identifiy it was NOT a Landrover and that we are NOT always to blame? (bad for the good guys in the Frontreia club though)