New Old Sodbury

Me

12x various light lens covers at 10p each (often KIA marshalling :( )

set of 3x baby baby welding clamps - never seen them before bit brill like ''5th size''

300/TD5 vents for wings

HP Fuel filter

and a few other bits

Overall glad to see it up and running again,

lots of tutt, and some silly prices - .............but still worth the drive :)

Saw a number of forumeers, all busy buying / selling :lol:

nige

4 x baby welding clamps £6

90 degree drill adapter £5

Early RRC lower tailgate £10

Early RRC grille with integral spot lamps £1

Paint £6

Wine rack £3 (wife bought that)

Could have bought more but had to leave early. Overall, well worth the trip - as I was going to Newbury anyway!

5 3/16" x 1/2" rivets

2 Cornettos (some other brand actually and blimin' expensive, for the kids)

2 packs of Pick 'n' Mix (for the kids)

Nearly bought the 300 TDI rear light guards I went for, but stupidly decided to look round for them cheaper! Of course, couldn't find a decent pair, then the first lot were sold. :(

Simonr and I were there mostly in a buying capacity, but we did sell a few bits too...

I picked up some random bits - freelander roof panel bag, cross drilled transfer box input gear, rivnut tool

and Si got some even randomer stuff!

It was much closer to the sodburys of old, and one of my favourite events of the year. I hope it continues to grow and get better. :)

Cheers

Mark

Organisation was a lot more flexible than in Old days (thanks Mark W) and its still worth the trip from Belgium although prizes differ a lot from stall to stall :)

And with a 130 on the trailer its a long trip back (02:30 I saw my bed)

I picked up some sockets and a nice 3/8 ratchet.

Not as much 'tat' as I was expecting.....

.....but did see a freshly painted 110 chassis with 'paperwork' for sale. Tut tut.....but I guess it's hard to police that sort of thing.

Would go again. Enough there to be worth the trip 'up north' ;) espcially if you are looking for something in particular.

I think Mark means to make sure the batteries are well secured in the battery compartment. A loose battery can do a lot of damage, both to itself and to it's surroundings.

Chris

Aaah right, sorry, wrong type of clamp :-) Yes agreed I have not put the clamps on yet, but equally have not driven it yet. Need to sort it tonight ready for the meet tomorrow night.

Cheers for the advice,

Dave.

I bought two Suzuki SJ410 transfer boxes - the reason will become clear over the next year or two! A Vacuum oil extractor thing, a washer bottle, an electric hydraulic pump (which to be honest is a bit big / heavy for what I want). Sold a few bits & bobs too - altogether it was rather good!

I'll definitely be back! Not going to bother with Beauleigh again - last year was a bit rubbish.

Si

first time ive ever attended a show like this i got a tidy rrc top tailgate no rust atall a nearly new 235-85 at tyre and a wheel cover for the spare all for just over a £100 quid so i was chuffed

ill defently go again

i also am glad its back, it will only grow bigger B)

some of the things i got

oil filters £2 ea

fuel filters £5 for 3

rear disc's £10 the pr

latex gloves £2,50

pair of serries doors £30

pair of door tops £5.....buy 1 get 1 free

ummed & arred on a set of 5 simex on jeep rims, but walked away, then kicked myself

plus a few bits of tat

dearest bit was an ice cream on the way out

great day as ever, and a good place to catch up with a few freinds :D

long live the new sod

Went in with a list of odd bits and pieces that I need for my build.

Got most of them at very good prices before 10am :ph34r:

Bought a Goldfish winch for rear of truck.New in box with guarantee £320.

Ummed and aared about set of simex.Was glad in the end that someone else beat me to it.

Not comperable in size to the old days,but the quality of the tat was generally good.

I went to sell and had a good day, selling a couple of sets of wheels and tyres and all my waffle boards plus some other bits and pieces so def worth going for me.

I thought it was more like the Old Sod if abit smaller but i didn't get a chance to look around as i also wanted to buy some stuff but some mates did and they seemed to get a few bargains.

Dunno if i'll sell in Oct as want a change and to look for stuff i want but will def go.

Mark

It was even better than last time IMHO - I think they split up the agricultural bit from the LR bit a bit better - although both were interesting

Got a couple of bits and pieces - but for the life of me cant remember what they were :lol:

The old burger van had run out of burgers by 3.00 - Which one of you lot ate all the burgers !!!

Generally my destination of choice, and certainly cant be bothered to venture any further (eg Beaulieu or Peterborough)

Good day out!