What Mr. Green Ment To Say

tuko

We regret to announce the closure of the LRE forum. We never did believe that the forum was useful for the purpose of this magazine. The regular postings by many supportive individuals/members, were/are of no interest to the majority of our office staff and certainly not to the magazine owner. Although the technical support section was some what interesting, sadly it too became overly active with a majority of individuals intent on filling our space with real purpose and value, beyond the advertisements, published in our magazine. This closure is purely a commercial decision, circulation numbers were getting too high.

Thank You,

Mr Green.

:lol::lol::P

Todd.

P.S. We also didn't go much on the fact that sound technical advice on the LRE forum was usually received in about 15 minutes and was inevitably spot on in accuracy and detailed in content, unlike that in just about any magazine pages you can think of which took 3 months to get (and so was F all use to the majority of letter writers who wanted to fix their vehicle this weekend not the other side of Christmas) and was generally only about 1 paragraph telling them to do what they had probably already thought of while they were waiting anyway.

P.P.S. We can't spell "administrator".....

"Harsh but fair"!! :blink:

I see we seem to be attracting some "guests" now I wonder how many of them we know? :lol:

What Mr. Green meant (please note the spelling tuko :P ) to say was any purely paper magazine is vastly out of date (as I am) and instead of embracing the rapidly expanding new media called the World Wide Web I am an idiot and an boob and a complete ***** and I really hope you take your business and magazine buying some where else

Many thanks

***** please insert your own insult here

What Mr. Green meant (please note the spelling tuko  :P ) to say was any  purely paper magazine is vastly out of date (as I am) and instead of  embracing the rapidly expanding  new  media called the World Wide Web I am an idiot and an boob and a complete ***** and  I really hope you take your business and magazine buying some where else

Many thanks

***** please insert your own insult here

Owning a magazine to my mind is slightly more impressive than owning a website........... and probably more lucretive;

You get a bank loan, set up an office, get some people around you who may or may not know anything about the subject matter (meanwhile paying them ****e wages), publish a mag....... travel the high places cocktail circuit impressing all and sundry telling them what you are about, drive a fancy car, freeload all the stuff you can from manufacturers, suppliers, etc, tell all your employees how tough business is........meanwhile "milking" the thing for all it's worth.............

Then go "tits up" pocket the cash, leaving everyone in the lurch........and then start all over again............ :)

travel the high places cocktail circuit impressing all and sundry telling them what you are about, drive a fancy car, freeload all the stuff you can from manufacturers, suppliers, etc

That's Lovejoy. Except for the bit about the fancy car :lol:

This closure is purely a commercial decision, as it will allow us to conceal the infant Hodder's inability to produce informative copy even when given it on a plate.

...or do you think they caught him looking at naughty pictures on orrp?

until they make tablet pcs that fit in your pocket, have got touchscreens + keyboards that unfold to all sizes up to A3, at a price that's accessible to everyone, there should be room for paper media alongside IT media; although it would need forward-thinking paper media bosses, as was suggested, to harmonise the two.

Looking at it from their point of view, it possibly looked as though the forums [fora?] were undermining their circulation; being so accurate, friendly, largely uncommercial/unbiased, that gradually people would drift onto the forums, stop buying the product, undermining certain peoples' Murdoch-style power cravings :D

Although saying that, in the long term it's virtually inevitable that the 'net'll undermine the subscription basis of media utterly, so the only revenue for the media'll be in advertising.

They've changed the announcement to something less offensive:

We regret to announce the closure of the LAND ROVER enthusiast forum. All questions or comments should be addressed to: publisher@landroverenthusiast.com

Thoughtful of them to include an address for cancelling subscriptions!

(Incidentally, do you get any money back when you cancel?)