1 week and already attracting the wrong sort!

So I've had the Landy 1 week and yesterday I answered the door to ' Do you want the drive tarmacing.....' Doesn't look like it needs doing does it? was my reply. Do you want to sell the LR :angry: No. I got rid of them asap. Needless to say security state is currently at highest level :angry:

I hope the LR isn't going to be a magnet for the wrong 'ens. Winds me up to hell, you work hard, pay taxes and then someone just thinks they can help themselves to whatever they want! Extra measures have been taken since the visit but I'm sleeping lightly at the minute, Rant over.

Keep em secure fellas.

Or option b: say they've been sexually harassing you and have them all arrested as a precaution. Never can be too careful !

Bit of a leap though, isn't it, assuming they're casing the joint in order to rob you ? What gave it away - was it the stripey tops and masks they were all wearing ? :)

Or option b: say they've been sexually harassing you and have them all arrested as a precaution. Never can be too careful !

Bit of a leap though, isn't it, assuming they're casing the joint in order to rob you ? What gave it away - was it the stripey tops and masks they were all wearing ? :)

Not quite Dick Turpin but in the time we've lived here I have never had 'Joe Bugner' call to quote for the drive taramcing until I bought the LR that is. Just a coincidence in timing? Gut instinct had the alarm bells ringing, hopefully it'll come to nowt. I have no problem with the description, he had some very distinguishing features should it come to anything :)

They quite often visit me too. Thet often ask me if I want buy or sell bits.

My guess is that while they probably would steal stuff if they could, they are far more likely to make a few quid out me than my neighbours with their shiney mercs and polished block paving.

Guest noggy

get a length of chain, wrap it round your tow pack, and concrete the other end into the ground, stick a 1 tonne bolder behind the buggers if they do try and nick it!!

this has been covered many times before and its not a particularly easy problem to solve.

when mine went on to my gf's old dears drive my rad went missing and it had a note left on it asking if i wanted to sell it-coincidently in the same few days.

anyway, thats by the by.its worth taking the reg just in case and trying to make it as hard as possibe.

sadly i think everyone has, or knows someone who has had an incident:(

i remember buying mine landy of an ex gf's dad in huggate? near hull. went on a green lane up onto hills and there was a transit up there-it was muddy and im still to this day impressed as to how it got up there

this has been covered many times before and its not a particularly easy problem to solve.

when mine went on to my gf's old dears drive my rad went missing and it had a note left on it asking if i wanted to sell it-coincidently in the same few days.

anyway, thats by the by.its worth taking the reg just in case and trying to make it as hard as possibe.

sadly i think everyone has, or knows someone who has had an incident:(

i remember buying mine landy of an ex gf's dad in huggate? near hull. went on a green lane up onto hills and there was a transit up there-it was muddy and im still to this day impressed as to how it got up there

I've done as much as possible to secure it which is way ott, but given I am doing the cam belt and general servicing isn't a big deal. Once it's back on the deck and fully road worthy I'll be a little more concerned. Sadly just a sign of the times.

I've done as much as possible to secure it which is way ott, but given I am doing the cam belt and general servicing isn't a big deal. Once it's back on the deck and fully road worthy I'll be a little more concerned. Sadly just a sign of the times.

get a sticker made up to go in the window tony martin security services .lol

get a sticker made up to go in the window tony martin security services .lol

Ha ha. In the past I have not had a problem confronting scoundrels. However now I've grown up a bit I have to realize that there are a certain cut of folk that to be honest I don't want hassle from. Having 3 young children the last thing I want to get into is a vendetta on home soil :( Secure it, insure it and fingers crossed I guess.

Maybe we'll be getting a 'family' dog sooner than I had hoped :D Ah well I guess now we have the Landy we have room to put it in the back!

Ha ha. In the past I have not had a problem confronting scoundrels. However now I've grown up a bit I have to realize that there are a certain cut of folk that to be honest I don't want hassle from. Having 3 young children the last thing I want to get into is a vendetta on home soil :( Secure it, insure it and fingers crossed I guess.

Maybe we'll be getting a 'family' dog sooner than I had hoped :D Ah well I guess now we have the Landy we have room to put it in the back!

yeah just a gag. travellers this way (east anglia) generally not a bad bunch but you allways get a few bad apples my english bull terrier is allways loose in the garden nobody ever offers to tarmac my drive i dont know why ??

yeah just a gag. travellers this way (east anglia) generally not a bad bunch but you allways get a few bad apples my english bull terrier is allways loose in the garden nobody ever offers to tarmac my drive i dont know why ??

We went to Crufts a few years back and of all the dogs on show the English Bull Terrier was the one that I was most drawn to. If I recall correctly the missus rather fancied the Lhaso Apso.....needles to say we didn't agree on each others choice and are still without a dog :D:rolleyes:

We went to Crufts a few years back and of all the dogs on show the English Bull Terrier was the one that I was most drawn to. If I recall correctly the missus rather fancied the Lhaso Apso.....needles to say we didn't agree on each others choice and are still without a dog :D:rolleyes:

100%faithfull 100%with the kids 100% deterant

Lee,

i see you are in west yorks. Dont suppose thats wakefield/ossett area?

if so, i had exactly the same confrontation early last week when i came home to find an old giffer nosing about my driveway looking at my caravan and my 90 - whilst the very large bullheaded monkeyboy friend of his was sat in the towbar equiped car keeping an eye out.

Supposedly he only wanted to make an offer on the caravan and 90 and 'to be sure, to be sure' no offence was intended. hmmmmmmm

me thinks that had i not got home when i did, my 90 and/or caravan would have been gone.

But as the fair ground near gawthorpe has since packed up and moved on, thefts have suddenly nose dived (according to the copper who lives a few doors down from me). Coincidence? I think not.

Lee,

i see you are in west yorks. Dont suppose thats wakefield/ossett area?

if so, i had exactly the same confrontation early last week when i came home to find an old giffer nosing about my driveway looking at my caravan and my 90 - whilst the very large bullheaded monkeyboy friend of his was sat in the towbar equiped car keeping an eye out.

Supposedly he only wanted to make an offer on the caravan and 90 and 'to be sure, to be sure' no offence was intended. hmmmmmmm

me thinks that had i not got home when i did, my 90 and/or caravan would have been gone.

But as the fair ground near gawthorpe has since packed up and moved on, thefts have suddenly nose dived (according to the copper who lives a few doors down from me). Coincidence? I think not.

Hi Nick, Im not too far away ;) I have close family that are area Police and they have said there is a higher than normal activity in the area and to be carefull. Aparently as building work has slowed and scrap metal has dropped in value the scum are back to breaking cars :angry:

Get a bullie we have two and 4 kids ,needless to say we never get anyone asking to buy stuff from our door

Just not sure if its the kids or the dogs that puts them off :D

dogs dont mean nothing to most pikey paddy gypos.

there was a case not so long ago around our way where the barstewards tossed in some food laced with poison to get rid of the dogs guarding a workshop. Dogs dropped dead and they walked in and cleaned the place out.

Get a bullie we have two and 4 kids ,needless to say we never get anyone asking to buy stuff from our door

Just not sure if its the kids or the dogs that puts them off :D

hi all, i was thinking of putting big wing nut on steering wheel and remove when ever :rolleyes:

hi all, i was thinking of putting big wing nut on steering wheel and remove when ever :rolleyes:

Do as you likies have access to cranes, as the last raid on our yard will testify when a skip full of stainless was lifted, emptied and dropped back on the concrete................empty

Now an alarm rings my mobile when an intruder steps in front of the skips and 2 cameras one with twin wide angle and zoom lenses takes a mug shot.

Call me ancient and old fashioned but 30 years ago we would have been wondering what this thread was about, if we had a PC 30 years ago! :(

So I've had the Landy 1 week and yesterday I answered the door to ' Do you want the drive tarmacing.....' Doesn't look like it needs doing does it? was my reply. Do you want to sell the LR :angry: No. I got rid of them asap. Needless to say security state is currently at highest level :angry:

I hope the LR isn't going to be a magnet for the wrong 'ens. Winds me up to hell, you work hard, pay taxes and then someone just thinks they can help themselves to whatever they want! Extra measures have been taken since the visit but I'm sleeping lightly at the minute, Rant over.

Keep em secure fellas.

I didn't get the knock on the door but had the new fuel gauge I had recently fitted lifted, the scrotes opened the door with no damage just some more scratches and then smashed the carp out of the instrument surround to get at the gauges breaking the temp and speedo whilst they were at it.

If I was more cynical I would think it was either the Albanian postman or someone who works for the parts dealer I bought it from.

Keep a cheap digi camera at the front door. You can take a pic to help remember the face.

A web camera set in a window pointing at your pride and joy (the Land Rover that is) who will know if it is recording or not. Most of these assholes are very camera shy. <_<

I used to have a horse shoe over my last garage door.......might have to stick one up again :) I had thought about visible security but I don't want it to look like there is more than just the Landy for them to be interested in. I have spoken to the old dear over the road as she doesn't miss a trick. Any sign of a tow vehicle (that's what it'll need to move it) and she'll give me a bell. She's the kind that some would call a nosey neighbour....to be honest in this day and age I see that as the sign of a good neighbour!

We have just had the birth of our third child this week (all under 4 years :wacko: ) no way could I manage a dog at the minute too! Always kept the riff-raff away when I lived with my parents though.

I used to have a horse shoe over my last garage door.......might have to stick one up again :) I had thought about visible security but I don't want it to look like there is more than just the Landy for them to be interested in. I have spoken to the old dear over the road as she doesn't miss a trick. Any sign of a tow vehicle (that's what it'll need to move it) and she'll give me a bell. She's the kind that some would call a nosey neighbour....to be honest in this day and age I see that as the sign of a good neighbour!

We have just had the birth of our third child this week (all under 4 years :wacko: ) no way could I manage a dog at the minute too! Always kept the riff-raff away when I lived with my parents though.

I feel for you, I'd love a dog too but i'm sometimes away for a few days. I'm getting a bit worried about leaving my soft top Series 3 about when it's finished but have a few choice methods up my sleeve, chaining it to the ground being one :)