Do you like it?

Here is the front page of our new website and flyers.(but dont go there yet as its not up and running!!!)

What do you think? its one of my fav photos from our years of travelling the Alps.

ALPINEROVERSFLYER01.png

its a bit small and dark cause of picture size for the forum ... its fine in the full size if you know what i mean?!

and it hasnt got the right phone number on it so dont go trying.

Nice pic. Makes me wanna go.

My 2p, for what it's worth:

I think it would look tidier if logo was within the banner rather than overlapping. Likewise if the web address we in either the banner or main pic. Maybe move the line of text up a bit so 'classic' doesn't clip the top of the mountain.

Also a an e-mail address such as info@alpinerovers.com would look more professional than an aol address.

Is the idea that UK punters take their own cars to the Alps? If so, perhaps a UK registered car would give the correct idea? I am sure you could cut and paste a UK reg onto the car that is there.

Nice idea though, I hope you make a go of it - and if you need a helper, with car and experience... ;)

Chris

Hi Mandy!

Trying to be short so not to overload you with tons of stuff (there'd be enough to speak for hours):

*smaller logo

*in a smaller banner

*no overlay -> keep infos ordinated

*try a frame

etc

Hi all.

thanks for your comments! its good to get "outside" opinions!!

GBMUD: you cant really see as the picture is small as i said on my original post, but the number plate says "ALP R110"

We aim to fly punters into Milano and pick them up from there (most of our customers are non landie people)

however those that want to tag along in their own trucks will be catered for too!

Michele: will send you printers proof.

Nige: we wont be using the Raider on these trips so we should be fine!

Hi all.

thanks for your comments! its good to get "outside" opinions!!

GBMUD: you cant really see as the picture is small as i said on my original post, but the number plate says "ALP R110"

Sounds reasonable. :) Is it a guided self drive operation or a "chauffered" service?

Chris

For maximum impact, it would be advisable not to get Nigel to write the advert. (ps surely you mean never buy?) :lol:

er

No

"Sponsored by WD40, never by Scorpion"

This means :

I am currently sponsored BY WD40 (this is a joke no real money passes hands),

and then as a further extension of this joke I then go on to say "Never BY scorpion".

This means that (even with the joke) I would not move my allegence of sponsorship from WD40 to Scorpion, not that they would now, or ever likely in the future consider to, or start, any supply of parts to me FOC charge

This is a 'play on words' and also and thus 'a joke'.

If I was to place the BUY in the sentence thus :

"Sponsored BY WD40 and never BUY scorpion"/

then not only would the joke (and play of, and on words) be ruined, but the semblence of grammar coupled with the diametric uncumberlance of the phrases would mean it would also be c%ap.

Thus, the BUY would infer a monetary commitment from myself, incongruant with the (Joke of) being sponsored.

So, in answer to you comment "No"

By By

Nige :rolleyes:

er

No

This means :

I am currently sponsored BY WD40 (this is a joke no real money passes hands),

and then as a further extension of this joke I then go on to say "Never BY scorpion".

This means that (even with the joke) I would not move my allegence of sponsorship from WD40 to Scorpion, not that they would now, or ever likely in the future consider to, or start, any supply of parts to me FOC charge

This is a 'play on words' and also and thus 'a joke'.

If I was to place the BUY in the sentence thus :

"Sponsored BY WD40 and never BUY scorpion"/

then not only would the joke (and play of, and on words) be ruined, but the semblence of grammar coupled with the diametric uncumberlance of the phrases would mean it would also be c%ap.

Thus, the BUY would infer a monetary commitment from myself, incongruant with the (Joke of) being sponsored.

So, in answer to you comment "No"

By By

Nige :rolleyes:

That's all fine and dandy except there is one flaw, it actually says (ignoring the white X's) "Sponsored by .... WD40 Never by!"

This is neither:

nor

"Sponsored BY WD40 and never BUY scorpion"

as you claim, at the very least there should be a comma and the word never should not begin with a capital letter for the comical comment to have it's full effect. :P

So, are you having a large graphic loading as the background to your frontpage?

How will you accomodate different screen sizes / resolutions?

Having designed and published a few sites, I wouldn't say that's a massive fixed-size graphic as your frontpage is a particularly good idea. Lovely dramatic picture though!