Cubby Box or Middle Seat

Help me decide - Cubby Box or Middle Seat  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you have on a Series / Defender?

• Cubby box
    • Middle seat

Middle seat!

Passengers cuddle up to you, you can also put stuff on it, it looks better and people won't break in to see what's inside...

Mainly it's the cuddle though :)

Cubby box all day long loads of storage and it keeps the wife away

mainly it keeps the wife away though :)

Unless it is in a truck cab and the passengers are under 10, a middle seat is the most useless thing on the planet. Cubby box every time, and a proper one not that stupid plastic tray that is now fitted to Defenders as standard :rtfm:

Mine went under the bench and I acquired a proper box from an unnamed source :)

I'm afraid I'm voting for half way.

I made a low cubby box that also acts as a terrier seat :lol:

Will :)

I did vote 'Cubby Box' as I think it would be useful but I must admit a centre seat was good when we only had one dog & I wanted to take the 'other half' along as well. Now we have two dogs the 'other half' has to stay at home.

Colin:)

Middle seat!

Passengers cuddle up to you, you can also put stuff on it, it looks better and people won't break in to see what's inside...

Mainly it's the cuddle though :)

Could put the cubby box next to the passenger side door then! It can be extra deep if you use the seatbox space too! :P

I remember driving a series 3 when I was a teenager with a young lady in a short skirt as my passenger in the middle seat, surprising how many times you can change up from 2nd to 3rd to 4th and back again in one journey :ph34r:

Seriously though, has anybody driven a full size yank pick up with the middle seat that folds down to have a cubby box in it's back rest - absolutely the best of both worlds, the arm rest and cubby box most of the time, flip it upright to have a middle seat. Why hasn't anyone made that for a defender?

Guest noggy

Yeah, unless you sleep in your 90, or have a kinky girlfriend that cant wait to get home, id stick with the centre seat.

But a cubby box is great!

i used to elbow my girlfriend in the boobs all the time when i changed gear!

Slightly off topic but I got really annoyed with my cubby box since the top was not horizontal and so lay back the way following the angle of the seat box.

Does that happen with you cubby boxes; or do you put a wedge insert to level it off; or do they come pre-shaped to be level?

I do miss mine so am on the lookout for a new one provided it will not slide my mug of coffee back towards the bulkhead!

I have a 'proper' security cubby, and the fact that these things cost a couple of hundred pounds is evidenced by the fact that the build quailty is second to none, and you really dont have to worry about them not sitting level.

I really cannot say enough.....I literally use my cubby each and every time I get in the vehicle, and think it is a really invaluable bit of kit.

I remember driving a series 3 when I was a teenager with a young lady in a short skirt as my passenger in the middle seat, surprising how many times you can change up from 2nd to 3rd to 4th and back again in one journey :ph34r:

I did that gear changing and nearly cranked the engine.. :blink::huh: (Guess I lost consentration)